Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other eSports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve upgrades the game, we’ll let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as able.
If this isn’t enough change for you, try one of the other best FPS out there.
The latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update was on January 13. Here are the official patch notes from Valve, plus some additions.
CS:GO Eleague Major update
- Team stickers, stickers autographed by professional CS:GO players, and all-new team graffiti are available for purchase in-game and from the Steam Community Market, with 50% of the proceeds going to players and organizations. For more details, visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/atlanta2017
- Team stickers can be used as game pieces for the Atlanta 2017 Team Pick’Em Challenge.
- Group stage picks can be made immediately, Playoff picks can be made when the group stage has completed.
- Group stage picks lock at the start of the group stage matches.
- Playoff picks lock at the start of the first Playoff matches.
Full details on the Atlanta 2017 Team Pick'Em over on the official site. You can win a fancy emblem to show off if you predict enough.
CS:GO Sound changes
- Lowered volume of bullet-bys and bullet impacts.
- Changed default weapon near/far crossfade max distance so that a slight perceived volume bump doesn’t happen at crossfade junctions.
- Also lowered volume of distant weapons slightly to address the same issue.
- Slightly increased the min distance of the falloff so that 3rd parties can hear max volume at about 1m away from shooter.
- Increased the input curve amount so that rate of volume decay over distance is more pronounced.
- Added descriptions to many mixer groups.
CS:GO Gameplay changes
- Players killed during grenade-throwing animation will no longer drop a duplicate grenade if that grenade has already been thrown.
- func_breakables will no longer make noise when hits deal no damage.
- Added a server setting sv_steamauth_enforce to allow tournament organizers for LAN events to delay player kick due to No Steam Logon client issue until the end of a live round when tournament match will automatically pause and a round backup with all correct information will be saved for reconnect.
CS:GO Map changes
- Fixed various spots where C4 could get stuck
- Removed some slight gaps in cover in Bombsite A
- Fixed bug where jumping inside of Toxic in Bombsite B would clip the playermodel through the ceiling
- Removed vent-sound from top of Mini, Bombsite A
- Fixed sound-spam when shooting at vent in Checkers through a prop
- Clipping improvements
- Fixed some minor graphical bugs
- Fixed a spot where players could get stuck near Boiler, Bombsite A
- Added backfaces to gate used at bottom of Banana, Bombsite B
Usual Reddit there over here, along with a bunch of rumours about the contents of the Mega Bundle. The patch itself is 625MB.