The latest Dota 2 update is live, hammering away at some bugs while tweaking team matchmaking, the interface and the camera. New compendium rewards have been thrown into the mix, too, adding Favourite Hero Challenge and 1 vs. 1 practice mode.
Take a gander below at the patch notes.
New to Dota 2 and don't know which heroes to play? Take a gander at our best Dota 2 heroes for beginners guide.
- Compendium Reward Released: Added Favorite Hero Challenge
- Select a Favorite Hero in the compendium, and try out the new in-game performance analysis tool
- Compendium Reward Released: Added 1v1 Practice Mode
- Practice solo midlane against one other player
- Team matchmaking is now merged into ranked matchmaking
- To play as a team, prepare a party of five for ranked matchmaking. Then select the option to play using the team identity.
- Max team roster size increased from 5 to 7. Any team roster change will reset the team MMR.
- You may not create a team or be a member of a team until you reach level 13. (Existing teams with players lower than level 13 are not removed from the roster, but will be prevented from matchmaking.)
- Abandonment rules and available game modes are now the same as ordinary ranked matchmaking.
- You may not participate in team matchmaking while in the low priority matchmaking pool.
- Teams will only be matched against other ranked parties of five, preferably against other parties playing using a team identity, but potentially against ordinary parties not using a team identity.
- Visual update to the Hero Picker and Loadout Browser.
- Combined co-op and normal bot match tabs.
- Several ability and item tooltip adjustments.
- Updated controls when watching replays, it now auto-hides at the bottom of the screen.
- Team profiles for pro teams now only display official player names, and have limited right-click options.
- Game end scoreboard now shows rank changes and fantasy points in ranked and league matches, respectively.
- Added a Player Score details popup to the Fantasy Roster and Matchup pages.
- Spectators can now see item tooltips on purchase announcements.
- While in game, changing the camera zoom level is now smooth.
- Double tapping Select All will now center the camera on your hero.
- Fixed bug where panning the camera or clicking on the minimap did not immediately update the camera's height.
- Spectators can now zoom out while using the Directed Camera, Free Camera, and Hero Chase Camera.
- Fixed a bug in Showcase View where if you clicked on another unit to begin dragging the camera, you would move to that hero.
- Increased the click radius for selecting another unit in Showcase View.
- Showcase View no longer defaults to the front of the selected unit, unless it’s the first time, or unless the player is in another player’s perspective (including broadcasters).
- Fixed a bug where the camera’s transition into Showcase View would rotate in an awkward way.
- Improved effectiveness of language matching in the matchmaking algorithm.
- Added bot for Bristleback.
- Fixed a bug where Tether could sometimes move Io towards the previously Tethered unit instead
- Fixed large stacks of Thirst sometimes letting you run through Kinetic Field and Pounce's Leash
- Fixed Cleave not hurting units that are currently being teleported to
- Fixed an issue with Sleight of Fist and Disarm not interacting properly
- Fixed Huskar's Burning Spears malfunctioning on rare occasions
- Fixed Ember Spirit sometimes being affected by damage reflection while invulnerable in Sleight of Fist
- Daedalus now plays the crit sound on an attack connecting, rather than on attack start