Patch 1.2 has just hit SimCity, with it applying fixes to common crashes. While the game suffers from serious server strain, EA have also disabled some ‘non-critical gameplay elements’ such as leaderboards, achievements and region filters. One of the most peculiar changes is that to the speed the game can be played. The highest setting known as Cheetah Speed is now only as fast as Llama Speed, presumably to reduce further server load.
There is no doubt that it’s been a rocky start for SimCity. Here are the patch notes:
- Fix for crash caused most commonly occurring on servers experiencing lag. This crash would happen most often when claiming a new city when playing in a region.
- Fix for server select dialog not appearing on start-up if the server the player was last on is not available.
- Disabled Cheetah speed. Cheetah speed is is now the same as llama speed.
- Crash fix for finding closest points.
- Crash fixes in transport and pedestrian code.
- A fix cities having processing problems associated with helicopters.
How’s your SimCity experience been so far?