Assassin’s Creed Unity’s fifth patch is due out for the PC version tomorrow, fixing a small number of issues. It’s a far cry away from the gargantuan patches of last year, which had to deal with hundreds of bugs.
One issue has persisted throughout, though: the broken companion and Initiate apps. Patch 5 solves that by giving everyone all the exclusive content without needing to mess around on phones and in browsers.
Now, thankfully, both can be ignored. All of the content unlocked using those apps will be made accessible to all players with the new patch.
This isn’t the first time Ubisoft has done this. All the chests normally unlocked using the apps were made temporarily accessible to all players during some maintenance over the holidays. And Unity’s Dead Kings DLC was made free for all after it scrapped the season pass.
Here’s the full patch notes:
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues