Assassin’s Creed Unity is a billboard sized advertisment for the follies of annualised games, which has lead to folks over at Ubisoft scurrying around, attempting to plug in the gaps and fix the game-breaking bugs. The last patch fixed over 300 bugs, but that didn’t solve all the problems. Patch 4 is underway, and a full preview of what it fixes is expected this week.
In the meantime, Ubisoft has released details on the biggest problems it’s set to tackle.
- Game crashes after loading your save: We’re devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we’ve noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don’t see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress – simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
It’s an embarrassing state of affairs. I was quite lucky when I played it for my Assassin’s Creed Unity Port Review, and although I encountered problems, I was not a victim of any game breaking bugs. Since then, I’ve fallen through the world several times and I’ve witnessed a noticeable dip in performance, to the point where I’ve simply had to uninstall the game.
How have you lovely lot fared since the last patch?