The first of many Modern Warfare 2 raids is finally here. Called Atomgrad, this three-person cooperative mode picks up from where the story left off in the campaign, and is the first episode out of five seasons. Buddy up with your pals and earn some sweet raid rewards in this tense, difficult mode.
However, to play Atomgrad in one of the best FPS games this year, you need to earn a raid assignment and put together a team yourself, because there’s no matchmaking at all for this new mode. You’ll also need to know how to solve the Modern Warfare 2 raid code when you do eventually jump into Atomgrad. So keep reading for everything you need to know about Modern Warfare 2 raids including rewards, how to get a raid assignment, and more.
How to get a Modern Warfare 2 raid assignment
Before you can partake in a raid, you need a raid assignment. Thankfully, they’re not too difficult to obtain – you just need to do one of the following:
- Complete a specific daily challenge in either multiplayer or Spec Ops.
- Place within the top 20 in any Warzone 2 battle royale playlist.
- In DMZ, use the final exfil helicopter with at least $30,000 in cash.
Raid assignments are only valid for one week though, so you need to grab your squad and jump into a raid pronto. There’s no matchmaking at all, so you must find players to invite yourself.
Modern Warfare 2 raid rewards
Completing the Atomgrad raid can net you the following rewards:
- Gaz Convoy skin
- Player card
- Loading screen
- Unique weapon blueprint (guaranteed if you complete the raid on veteran difficulty)
Not the most exciting of raid rewards, but worth completing nonetheless, especially for the unique weapon blueprint.
Kits are new to Call of Duty and are specific to Spec Ops. They’re similar to your usual multiplayer loadout of Perks, Killstreaks, and Field upgrades. Earn stars via accomplishments, mission completion, and progression, and use them to level up your kits. You should aim to complete all three of the first Spec Ops missions with three stars, in order to level up at least one kit to Rank 5.
- Assault: Armor Box Field Upgrade increases the effect of your armour. Later levels include faster Loadout item usage, increased armour capacity, and free Stims.
- Medic: Stim Pistol Field Upgrade gives the ability to instant revives from a distance. Later levels include a free Bomb Drone, similar benefits to the Double Time Perk, free Claymores, and anti-tank mines.
- Engineer: Snapshot Pulse Field Upgrade allows you to see nearby enemies. Later levels include the ability to restock Lethals and Tacticals over time automatically, extra equipment allowance, and a free Heartbeat Sensor and Spotter Scope.
That’s everything there is to know about Modern Warfare 2 Raids so far. If you’re already prepping to dominate the battlefield, it’s worth checking out all the best Modern Warfare 2 perks, packages, and how the new system works. This rundown of all Modern Warfare 2 maps in multiplayer won’t hurt either. Fancy trying something else? Check out our guide to the best PC games of all time.