Call of Duty: Modern Warfare perks are buffs you can pick for your soldier as part of the create-a-class system. If you’ve played a Call of Duty game in the past, you’ll no doubt be familiar with many of the perks present in Modern Warfare 2019, but the perks system works a little differently in this year’s COD entry.
For starters, there are three perk trees, just as there were in COD 4, you have the Perk 1, Perk 2, and Perk 3 slots. The first perk slot focuses on speed, with perks that let you Super Sprint for longer, resupply ammo from dead enemies, or move faster while crouching. Perk 2’s range of options help a lot with killstreaks, boasting perks that let you earn killstreaks for fewer kills and add to your streaks with kills from killstreaks. Lastly, Perk 3 is all about tech, with perks that grant extra equipment, see enemy equipment through walls, and alert you to enemies outside of your FOV.
We had the opportunity to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer recently, where we saw a few of the new and returning perks in action. Here are all the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare perks we’ve seen so far.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare perks 2019
- Double Time: Triple the duration of Super Sprint and fully refresh Super Sprint on kills.
- E.O.D: Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Scavenger: Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind trails and death markers. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tune Up: Increase the charge rate of field upgrades by 50%.
- Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and High Alert. Hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Hardline: Your killstreaks cost 1 less kill.
- Kill Chain: Killstreaks earned in your current life earn kill credit for other killstreaks.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
- Restock: Recharge equipment over 30 seconds.
- Amped: Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Battle Hardened: Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Immune to snapshot grenades.
- High-Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Shrapnel: Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Spotter: See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by looking at them while aiming down sights.
And there you have it, all the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare perks revealed so far. There are plenty of classic returning perks among them, but just enough new ones to pique the curiosity of COD veterans.
There will no doubt be a few more perks available when the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare release date rolls around later this year.