Treyarch have revealed what new features came to stay during yesterday’s Black Ops 2 update, and which bugs were shown the door. I’d like you all to join me in extending a very warm welcome to a new FOV of 90, and in wishing a fond farewell to “horses falling through the world in Afghanistan”.
PC gamers were none too pleased to learn that Black Ops 2 would suffer from a potentially motion-sickness-inducing FOV cap of 80 before release. 90 is a far more conventional limit, and ought to be enough to put paid to those issues. So that’s good, isn’t it?
Here’s the full changelog:
- Max FOV increased to 90
- Fix: Horse falling through the world in Afghanistan when playing on some CPUs with 4 or more cores
- Fix: RC-XD and the AGR sinking into the map in MP when playing on some CPUs with 4 or more cores
- General performance improvements in SP, MP, and ZM for CPUs with 4 or more cores
- Fix: crash when a 7th player tries to join a 6 player league lobby
- Improved dedicated server matchmaking
- Fix: some cases of “Connection Interrupted” in MP while loading into a match