Infinity Ward has belatedly posted details on the new Chaos Mode for the alien hunting Extinction campaign in Call of Duty: Ghosts; the latest iteration which we thought was a bit rubbish in our Call of Duty: Ghosts review.
The blog post gives up the skinny on how the combo meter adds perks to soldiers, giving them an edge when fighting the ceaseless Cryptid horde.
Players can fill up their combo meter by slaughtering alien beasties, collecting weapons or upgrades, and using special abilities. As it fills up, perks are unlocked as the multiplier increases. Conveniently, Infinity Ward spilled the beans on what these perks are:
Perk (Combo Multiplier)
- Fast Hands (10)
- Increased Melee Damage (20)
- Better Traps (30)
- Gas Mask (40)
- Sleight of Hand (50)
- Stopping Power I (60)
- Steady Aim (70)
- Stalker (80)
- Revive Protection (90)
- Fast Health Regen (100)
- Marathon (110)
- More Cash (120)
- Stopping Power II (130)
- Agility (140)
- Extra Health (150)
- Feral Vision (160)
On top of the potentially life saving perks, players can receive bonus packages, some of which confer almost superhuman abilities:
- Combo Freeze – Freeze the combo meter momentarily for all players
- Skill Upgrade – All players gain a Skill Point
- Grace Period – Add 30 seconds to the grace timer
- Self Revive – Pick yourself back up (one time use only)
- Bonus Score
- Bonus Cash
- Trophy System
- Hypno Knife
- Specialist – Unlimited ammo and Feral Vision for 15 seconds, plus extra bullet damage
- Tank – Taunt nearby Cryptids, plus 15 seconds of invulnerability
- Engineer – Lay a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter for 15 seconds
- Medic – Emit an aura of healing and instant revive for 15 seconds
- Venom-X – Default Venom-X (Nightfall and Mayday only)
- Venom-X Fire – Fire variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Venom-X Lightning – Lightning variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Tesla Trap – Shock incoming Cryptids (Mayday only)
- Hypno Trap – Turn multiple Cryptids to your side (Mayday only)
- Stun Ammo – Stun ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Incendiary Ammo – Incendiary ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Explosive Ammo – Explosive ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Armor Piercing Ammo – Armor Piercing ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
Chaos Mode came out on the 22nd, and you’ll have to shell out if you want in on the alien action.