Looking for details on the latest CS:GO update? Whether it’s new weapons and maps, or minor tweaks to the game’s core arsenal, staying on top of the meta is key to dominating this competitive FPS.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we are going to track the latest CSGO updates that hit live servers in this post. Each time Valve make significant patches to the game, we will let you know what is worth worrying about, what isn’t, and also provide as full a changelog as we are able to.
But before we crack on with the latest CS:GO update, we should mention that we’ll only be adding new patches as and when they are finally deployed to live servers. Anyway, on with the changelog.
CS:GO’s latest version was released on October 26, 2018 and contains plenty of minor tweaks to maps and gameplay.
Two new maps have been added to the game. New Community maps Biome and Subzero are now available in Casual matchmaking as part of Group Sigma.
- Fixed out of map exploit
- Fixed several stuck spots
- Fixed several incorrect collisions
- Updated radar to new style
- Fixed several deathmatch spawns
- Updated radar overview
- Removed connector between Long A and Underpass
- Blocked long view angle from Long A CT side towards courtyard
- Becreased height of doors in Underpass
- Added window in Underpass
- Removed slanted door leading to Underpass
- Removed a large section of old Bombsite A courtyard
- Moved bombsite A zone towards ramp
- Removed access to most of T spawn area
- Moved up T spawn positions
- Added climbable props in dropdown
- Added cover in corridor leading to Bombsite B platform
- In Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes, players now haunt the world as ghosts when they die until the end of the round.
- Two pumpkin soccer balls now spawn in a random places on the map during Halloween.
- Chickens now wear ghost outfits
- Bullet shells replaced with candy corn.
Those are all the changes from this CSGO update. This one’s pretty small, with just a couple of changes to some maps (although a few more in Cobble), and the all of the cosmetic Halloween changes.