Crusader Kings II will be getting another expansion, titled “Horse Lords”, thanks to an announcement by Paradox. The clan politics of the Mongol’s and the Turkic steppe tribes will be introduced into the game, as well as new forts, a larger map and new diplomatic options.
Here’s what you’ll get with Horse Lords:
- Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
- Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
- Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
- Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
- Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
- Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
- Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
There’s no exact release date, but Paradox have stated you can expect it “very soon”.