What are Cyberpunk 2077 daemons? Equipping a cyberdeck in Cyberpunk 2077 gives you the ability to hack and manipulate enemy cyberware, access enemy networks, and tamper with your foes’ devices.
Alongside Cyberpunk 2077 quickhacks, which you’ll use to temporarily mess with enemies or devices, there are also daemons – powerful programs that can infiltrate enemy networks, and affect everything connected to it. Daemons can be uploaded by using the Breach Protocol quickhack – which every cyberdeck owner has access to – and completing the Cyberpunk 2077 hacking minigame to upload the daemons of their choice.
Each cyberdeck has the ICEpick daemon installed by default, which, when uploaded, decreases the RAM cost of all quickhacks used on enemies and devices connected to the network. Note that you can’t initiate Breach Protocol without a cyberdeck – so if you’re using a Berserk implant instead, quickhacks and Breach Protocol will be off limits. In order to unlock more powerful Cyberpunk 2077 daemons, you need to invest Cyberpunk 2077 perk points into the Breach Protocol skill tree. Here’s what you can unlock and what level of intelligence you’ll need to do so:
Cyberpunk 2077 daemons
- ICEPick – unlocked by default. Reduces quickhack cost
- Big Sleep – unlocked by default. Deactivates all cameras
- Mass Vulnerability – unlocked by default. Reduces the physical resistance of all enemies in the network. Can also be upgraded at intelligence level 16 to cause enemies to take 30% more damage from quickhacks
- Datamine – unlocked by default. Allows you to acquire components, quickhacks, and eurodollars from Access Points
- Turret Shutdown – unlocked at intelligence level 9. Disables security turrets in the network for three minutes
- Turret Tamer – unlocked at intelligence level 12. Sets the status of every turret in the network to friendly for three minutes
That’s everything you can upload to sow havoc on the net – for more info on Night City’s endless possibilities, see our Cyberpunk 2077 build guide – or how to obtain Cyberpunk 2077 iconic weapons and unlock Cyberpunk 2077 Mantis Blades.