The latest Cyberpunk 2077 update, which has 1.61 patch notes for the RPG game from CD Projekt Red, comes with a plethora of bug fixes, minor gameplay updates, and general improvements. This follows a massive uptick in reception, with Cyberpunk 2077 Steam reviews boasting a mostly positive rating after the incredibly rocky and promise-broken launch of 2020. So here’s everything in the open world game’s patch notes.
This new Cyberpunk 2077 update will be “rolled out” soon on PC, consoles, and Stadia, according to CD Projekt Red, with some fixes and changes to quests and the open world, visuals, gameplay, UI, and some PC-specific fixes too. We’ve listed everything below for you.
Cyberpunk 2077 update patch 1.61 PC-specific changes
- Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.
- Addressed the issue where achievements in Epic Games Store were not granted despite meeting the requirements. Note that in cases where the conditions were met before in a given save, it might be required to try on a new playthrough or from an earlier save where the conditions were not met yet.
- Load Menu should no longer get stuck when playing the game on GOG without internet connection.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading an item into a higher tier rarity crashed the game.
Quest and open world fixes
- Fixed an issue where spamming the Interact button to loot containers could cause various NCPD Scanner Hustles to not be completed properly.
- Reported Crime: Another Circle of Hell, Lost and Found, Blood in the Air, Disloyal Employee, Don’t Forget the Parking Brake!, Comrade Red – fixed an issue where quest wasn’t completed after looting the goods.
- Fixed an issue where some Assault in Progress missions in Northside, Rancho Coronado, Coastview and Badlands weren’t completed despite fulfilling the objective.
- Fixed an issue where some Suspected Organized Crime Activities weren’t completed despite fulfilling the objective.
- Fixed an issue that could disable all Drop Points, blocking progress in various gigs.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to complete an Assault in Progress in Charter Hill because the evidence didn’t spawn.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: House on a Hill – fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to reach the Cyberpsycho because the garage door didn’t open.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor – fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the “Find the Cyberpsycho” objective after defeating the Cyberpsycho and sending information to Regina.
- Gig: Error 404 – fixed an issue where the gig didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: Freedom of the Press – fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to proceed inside the TV station building because the doors were closed.
- Gig: Greed Never Pays – fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the “Search the hidden room” objective because the computer was unpowered.
- Gig: Last Login – fixed an issue where the gig didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: No Fixers – fixed an issue where the gig didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: Old Friends – fixed an issue where the gig didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: Playing for Keeps – fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to speak to the bartender if combat started inside the bar, blocking progress.
- Gig: We Have Your Wife – fixed an issue where Lauren wasn’t reacting after coming to rescue her, blocking progress.
- Automatic Love – fixed an issue that could block progress to further main quests after leaving Clouds.
- Fortunate Son – fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to progress past the “Return to the Aldecaldos camp” objective.
- I Fought the Law – fixed an issue where after meeting up with River, he teleported to an unreachable area underground, blocking progress.
- Small Man, Big Mouth – fixed an issue where the truck in the garage could be despawned, blocking progress.
Visual fixes in Cyberpunk 2077 update
- Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
- Fixed multiple instances of missing collisions that could result with player falling off the map.
- Corrected various floating or displaced objects on the map.
- Fixed the issue where V’s breasts clipped through clothes after changing their size at a Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue where after changing nail length from long to short using the mirror, the change wasn’t reflected in-game until reloading a save.
- Fixed an issue where cars could glitch after bumping into them.
- Fixed an issue where Headhunter and Blue Fang Iconic knives would not appear in vendor’s inventory if player visited the vendor before the 1.6 Patch.
- Crit Damage and Quickhack Cooldown Reduction bonuses in clothing should now work properly.
- It should be now possible to craft the Legendary variant of the Amnesty Iconic revolver.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to use consumables during fist fights.
- Fixed an issue where weapons with explosive damage were dealing less damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where slotted mods disappeared from an item after selling it to a vendor, leaving and then coming back to the same vendor.
- Fixed an issue where putting a corpse into a container or a trunk, walking away and then coming back could give a player an infinite amount of money.
- The Heat-resistant aramid-weave fixer shirt will now be also available for non-Street Kid players.
- Fixed an issue where firing some weapons when falling could cancel fall damage.
- The Beast in Me – fixed an issue where player’s position could be shown as 1/6 despite coming second.
- Fixed an issue where reverting key bindings back to default was not reflected in the game until restart/reload.
- Fixed an issue where the inventory menu could rapidly scroll up and down after disassembling or dropping an item.
- You can find the full Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.61 patch notes right here.
If you want to know about the Cyberpunk 2077 universe, from the lore, story, setting, characters and tabletop origins we’ve got you covered. Or perhaps you want a Cyberpunk 2077 mod that lets you pet the cat instead?