The Golden Joystick Awards were on tonight, here in Blighty, and all the awards have been doled out, with Hideo Kojima getting a Lifetime Achievement Award, and Dark Souls 2 being hailed as the Game of the Year.
Take a gander below at the full winners list.
Want more Dark Souls Here are the best Dark Souls PC mods.
Golden Joystick Winners:
- Best Original Game: DayZ
- Best Online Game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Best Storytelling: The Last of Us: Left Behind
- Best Visual Design: Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Best Audio: Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Playfire Most Played Game of the Year: Rust
- Best Multiplayer: Battlefield 4
- Best Indie Game: DayZ
- Innovation of the Year: Oculus Rift DK2
- Best Gaming Moment: The Last of Us: Left Behind – “The kiss”
- Best Handheld Game: Pokemon X & Y
- Best Mobile Game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Most Wanted: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Gaming Personality of the Year : PewDiePie
- Studio of the Year: Ubisoft Montreal
- Gaming Platform of the Year: Steam
- Lifetime Achievement: Hideo Kojima
- Game of the Year: Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 2 was definitely an extremely good game that did indeed come out this year, and I said as much back in my Dark Souls 2 review in May.
DayZ snatching up Best Original Game is a bit of a surprise, given that it’s on Steam Early Access and still very much an unstable work in progress, emphasising how peculiar PC gaming has become.
Battlefield 4 is another surprise, getting the Best Multiplayer award despite a slew of problems. This, of course, hasn’t stopped it from being immensely popular, which is really what the awards are given out for.
What do you lovely lot make of the list?