Update: Activision and Bungie have officially revealed the Destiny 2 collector's edition, along with confirmation of a PC version.
The Destiny 2 site is now live, and pre-orders are up for the game prior to the September 8 release.
For more on Destiny 2 PC, have a look at our dedicated article.
Here's what the $249.99 collector's edition looks like:
Here's what you get:
- Destiny 2 Base Game
- Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
- Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag
- Customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag
- 15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
- Frontier Kit, featuring:
- Solar panel USB charger with built-in light
- Solar blanket
- Limited Edition SteelBook Case
- Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
- Cabal Schematic
- Collectible Postcard Images
- Cabal Military Pawns
- Premium digital content:
- Legendary Sword
- Legendary Player Emote
- Cabal Empire Themed Emblem
Pre-orders for Destiny 2 are now live on the official site, and doing so gives you early access to the beta.
If you're in the US, the standard edition of Destiny 2 is $59.99. There's currently no physical edition on Amazon UK, though the physical edition is an empty box with a download code in it anyway. You can grab it at GAME for £49.99, however.
Original: A spanish fansite, Universo Destiny, posted a large batch of images and information given to them by, supposedly, a local retailer. In this was PC box art for Destiny 2, along with information on what would be provided in the collector’s and limited editions of the game. The post has since been taken down with the explanation that the information was not meant to be put online, and the original leaker will likely be fired.
The brave souls at NeoGAF have a rehost of the information. Here’s a rundown, starting with the supposed PC box art.
- Collector’s edition includes:
- Two expansions including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear
- No details on individual pricing, but this is similar to the first game's post-launch plan.
- Legendary sword
- Legendary emote
- Cabal empire emblem
- 'Frontier' goodies:
- Physical bag you can carry around with a 15" tablet pocket
- Kit including USB charger with solar panel
- A paracord
- A solar rug
- These might be translation issues. Or Destiny 2 comes with a nice rug.
- Collector's edition Cabal-themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire"
- The leaker noted he didn’t know what this meant.
- While limited edition is:
- The two expansions
- The various other bits of DLC
- The steelbook
- The premium box and all the stuff inside
Exactly what all that means, of course, we don’t yet know. Emotes were in Destiny, though usually rather more complex animations than you might be familiar with from other MMOs. Any ‘legendary’ gear at all seems dodgy as a pre-order bonus, but it could only be relevant for the first few levels (as you might expect, it’s endgame where gear really becomes important).
Meanwhile beta comes with pre-ordering, as well as a statue of Mr. Cayde-6, the Fillion-voiced robot from the teaser trailer.
All this could be a fake, but given the edit made to the original Reddit post, as well as other general mutterings and leaks from around the internet, it would be surprising.
Expect a better look at all this stuff, along with, y’know, some details about the actually game, tonight with the official reveal at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT. No details on a livestream have yet been revealed, so it may simply be a YouTube video. Here’s the tweet about that:
Watch the Destiny 2 Worldwide Reveal Trailer on March 30th at 10AM PT. https://t.co/zevL8MNN7m— Destiny The Game (@DestinyTheGame) March 29, 2017