Want to know everything that’s coming in Diablo 3 season 24? It wasn’t all that long ago that the huge changes to followers came via season 23, and already we’re talking about a new one.
If you’ve not jumped into Diablo 3 for quite some time, then you might be wondering what exactly seasons are for the longstanding RPG game. Essentially, they’re themed events that do not always provide players with permanent changes, but add a bit of variety as well as balance changes. This season, on the surface, is a smaller update than the previous one, but there’s a new item type to play with.
Sadly, the Patch 2.7.1 PTR has now concluded, but that means we’re much closer to the start of the new season. Here is everything that is coming to Diablo 3 season 24: from the new Ethereal items, to balance updates – there’s a fair bit to delve into and you’ll want to know ahead of time to get the most out of the new update when it drops. Let’s begin with the release date.
Diablo 3 season 24 release date
Diablo 3 season 24 starts on July 23 at 5pm local time. This means that when it ticks over to 5pm in your region, the update will be live.
Diablo 3 season 24 rewards
All of the previous seasons have a mixture of new and old rewards. Season 24 will include rewards from Season 12. Here is every Diablo 3 season 24 reward:
- Conquerer set chest & gloves
- High Heavens portrait
- Fiacia-Géar wings
- Terror Resurrected portrait
- Lesser Mummy pet
Players who have not yet earned a total of five stash tabs from the past few seasons can unlock an additional one by completing one of the the following tasks at Conquerer tier:
- Complete a Torment XIII Rift in under 5 minutes
- Complete Greater Rift 60 solo
- Kill Greed on Torment XIII
- Kill Queen Araneae on Torment XIII in under 30 seconds
- Reforge a Legendary or Set item
- Augment an Ancient item with a Level 50 or greater Legendary Gem
- Level three Legendary Gems to 55
- Complete two Conquests
These are the Diablo 3 season 24 seasonal conquests:
|Boss Mode||Kill set bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game.|
|Worlds Apart||Kill set bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game in Hardcore mode.|
|On a Good Day||Level three Legendary Gems to level 65.|
|I Can’t Stop||Level three Legendary Gems to level 65 in Hardcore mode.|
|The Thrill||Reach Greater RIft level 45 solo without any set items equipped.|
|Super Human||Reach Greater RIft level 45 solo without any set items equipped in Hardcore mode.|
|Curses!||Kill 350 or more monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher.|
|Stars Align||Kill 350 or more monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher in Hardcore mode.|
|Years of War||Reach Greater Rift level 55 solo with the full bonuses of one of several applicable Class sets.|
|Dynasty||Reach Greater Rift level 55 solo with the full bonuses of one of several applicable Class sets in Hardcore mode.|
Complete chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the season journey to get three of Haedrig’s Gifts. These contain pieces for one of your Class sets. You’ll only be able to unlock one Class Set this way per season across both regular and Hardcore modes. The gift you receive is determined by the class you are playing as when you open Haedrig’s Gift, so if you want the full set, open them as the same character for each gift.
Diablo 3 season 24 Haedrig’s Gifts are:
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
- Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Necromancer – Trag’Oul’s Avatar
Diablo 3 season 24 Ethereals
The big new feature in Diablo 3 season 24 are Ethereals. They’re a new weapon type that will be available throughout the season that will, according to Blizzard’s blog post, “roll a powerful set of affixes”, as well as a random class weapon legendary power and a random class passive power. They’re also a bit of a throwback to Diablo 2.
Here is some key information regarding the Ethereals in Diablo 3 season 24:
- Ethereals can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles
- Your character doesn’t need to be level 70 for them to drop
- They can’t be acquired via Kanai’s Cube or from Kadala
- The rarity drop is between Ancient and Primal
- Each class has three unique Ethereals
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at any time
- They ignore item durability loss
- The legendary powers and class passive skills on the Ethereals do not stack with the same power acquired via Kanai’s Cube, or other items and skills.
- They can’t be enchanted, transmogrified, dyed, reforged, or traded, but they can be augmented.
- Ethereals only drop during this season and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when season 24 ends.
Any player who manages the frankly impossible-sounding feat of collecting all 21 Ethereals during season 24 (not during the PTR) will be rewarded with the ‘Feat of Strength – Ethereal Collection’. Anyone who has this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available to use in both future seasonal and non-seasonal sessions, so it’s well worth hunting them down.
During the recent PTR test, Blizzard announced the following changes for the Ethereals across all classes:
- Astreon’s Iron Ward: added affix – +1 to maximum damage per Paragon Level up to 800
- Khalim’s Will: added affix – killing an enemy reduces the cooldown of Steed Charge by one second
- Buriza-Do Kyanon: added affix – hits against frozen enemies are always critical hits
- Doomslinger: added affix – killing an elite pack increases movement speed by 30% for 7 seconds
- Windforce: added affix – adds Maximum Discipline (Levels 1-70)
- Windforce: added “Resource Cost Reduction” (Level 70)
- Bartuc’s Cut-Throat: added affix – consecutive hits to enemies increases damage by 10% up to 100%#
- Shadow Killer: added affix – reduce the damage of enemies hit by 25% for five seconds
- Soul Harvest: reduced value of Maximum Essence from 45-50 to 9-12
- Soul Harvest: affix removed – critical hit damage
- Arioc’s Needle: affix removed – +100% damage to all Witch Doctor skills
- Arioc’s Needle: affix added – +200% damage to all Decay skills
- Ghostflame: affix removed – +100% damage to all Witch Doctor skills
- Ghostflame: affix added: +200% damage to all secondary skills
- Ghostflame: adjusted damage range to be more consistent with other 1-hand Ethereals
- The Gidbinn: affix removed – +100% damage to all Witch Doctor skills
- The Gidbinn: affix added – +200% damage to all Voodoo skills
- The Oculus: reduce the damage of enemies hit by 25% for five seconds
- Wizardspike: added affix – consecutive hits to enemies increases damage by 10% up to 100%
Diablo 3 season 24 balance changes
As with any season update, Diablo 3 season 24 has a few balance changes coming that will be updated as we approach the season 24 release date. Here are all of the Diablo 3 season 24 balance changes that have been confirmed so far:
- Mystical Ally – Fire Ally: Now splits into two, rather than five, but now all Fire Allies can split. The damage radius is also increased slightly and damage dealt rising from 480% of weapon damage to 1,920% of weapon damage. Fire Ally AI is also improved so these allies now explode more consistently
- Mystical Ally – Earth Ally: Damage is rising from 380% of weapon damage to 4,500% of weapon damage. It now works with the Enforcer gem
- Rabid Strike: Spirit spenders that transport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a nearby target with 350% to 450% increased damage for free.
- Mystical Ally: Leashing radius has been reduced, and adjustments have been made to the attack speed interaction with Mystic Ally
- Mirror Image: Mirror Image icon now displays a counter to display how many Mirror Images are currently active
- Inna’s Mantra 4-piece set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times, as well as 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out. Mystic Allies no longer take damage
- Inna’s Mantra 6-piece set: Gain the passive abilities for all five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally, up to ten at a time, and each one lasts 15 seconds. Your Mystic Allies deal an additional 3,000% damage for each Mystic Ally you have out
- The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies to fight by your side. They deal an increased 150% to 200% damage, and are able to attack with their active forms for a longer duration
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: All enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take an additional 150% to 200% damage from your Mystic Allies for five seconds. Split Fire Allies gain five times this bonus
- Aegis of Valor 2-piece set: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens increases Heaven’s Fury to deal an additional 125% damage for five seconds. This effect stacks up to three times
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-piece set: Bone Spears cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6,000% increased damage
- Rabid Strike: Adjusted Rabid Strike interaction with The Crudest Boots and Bindings of the Lesser Gods Mystic Ally buffs
Diablo 4 season 24 Bug Fixes
As part of the PTR test, several bugs were identified and will be addressed in the full release of Diablo 4 season 24:
- Monk fixes: All Mystic Allies and their abilities now benefit from +Mystic Ally Damage. Also fixed a bug where Shenlong’s Spirit 2pc bonus did not trigger consistently while casting Tempest Rush.
- Witch Doctor Ethereal fix – The Gidbinn: +200% to all Voodoo skills now properly benefits Fetish Sycophants.
- Removed “Carlos’ Sword of Testing” from Kanai’s Cube powers list
- Fixed several legendary powers that were rolling incorrect versions on Ethereals:
- Iron Rose
- Nayr’s Black Death
- Lost Time
- Scythe of the Cycle
- Leger’s Disdain
- Bloodtide Blade
- Faithful Memory
- Fixed typos in some Ethereals
- Astreon’s Iron Ward
- Fixed a bug where Ethereals did not benefit from Barbarian Weapons Master, Necromancer Dark Reaping, and Demon Hunter Archery passives.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Kadala to give Ethereals
- Removed “Heavenly Strength” from passives that can roll on Crusader Ethereals
- Updated the glow behind Ethereal name on tooltips
- Fixed a bug causing Inna’s Mantra to not be listed on the “Solo Monk – Inna’s Mantra” Leaderboard
- Fixed a bug that allowed more Mystic Allies to spawn than intended
How to participate in the Diablo 3 season 24 PTR test
Fancy giving the PTR a go yourself? As long as you have a Battle.net account that hasn’t been suspended or banned, and you have installed the Battle.net app, you can follow the following steps to access the PTR when it goes live:
- Open the Battle.Net app
- Go to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu
- Click the drop-down menu above the play button and select ‘PTR: Diablo III’. Make sure Diablo III has been installed first
- Click the prompt to install the Diablo III PTR client. This will automatically create a PTR account for you too
Copying your existing characters to the Diablo 3 season 24 PTR test
You are also able to import one set of characters per region from your live account to copy that character over to the PTR test. Any future imports will overwrite the previously imported characters, and you can only copy characters once every 24 hours. Your live account characters shouldn’t be affected by importing your characters to the PTR build, so don’t worry about losing your years-old characters.
To import a character to the PTR build you will need to:
- Log into the live version of Diablo III, then log out
- Open the PTR client and create a level 1 character
- Return to the main character screen
- Click ‘PTR Copy’ on the top right corner
Select your region
- Click ‘Copy’. This will copy all the characters from the selected region. After this, you will be disconnected from the PTR client
- Open the PTR client once more and log in. You should find your copied characters here
That’s everything we currently know about Diablo 3 season 24. Since this new season is a bit of an homage to Diablo 2, you may wish to know when the Diablo 2 Resurrected release date is, or remind yourself about the Diablo 2 Resurrected classes. If you’re still working your way through the current season, you may find our Diablo 3 season 23 builds guide to be somewhat helpful in your quest to finish before the new season starts.