What are the Diablo 4 Sorcerer skills? The Sorcerer or Sorceress has been featured in every Diablo game since the beginning of the series, and there’s a good reason for that. Sure, playing as a Barbarian capable of wielding four weapons at once is pretty cool, but the Sorcerer has mastered control over fire, ice, and lightning. Let’s be honest, that is infinitely more impressive than being able to hold a sword and axe at the same time.
The Sorcerer has always been a difficult class to master in the RPG game as her low health pool makes it difficult to stay alive in the heat of battle. If you learn how to control the elements, even the largest swarms of enemies become no match for the Sorcerer. Given Blizzard’s track record with the Diablo series, we can see Diablo 4 becoming one of the best PC games of the year. Here’s everything you need to know about the Sorcerer in Diablo 4, and our best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build so you can put all of these skills into action. We’ve also got a dedicated Diablo 4 builds guide and a rundown of all the Diablo 4 classes you can pick.
What are the best Diablo 4 Sorcerer stats?
There are four core stats in Diablo 4: Strength, Dexterity, Willpower, and Intelligence. The Sorcerer gains additional buffs when you upgrade the following areas:
- Dexterity: Improves mana recovery and improves your critical strike chance by x0.02% per Dexterity point
- Willpower: Improves critical chance and improves your resource generation by x0.01% per Willpower point
- Intelligence: Improves damage dealt and improves your skill damage by x0.1% per Intelligence point
Diablo 4 Sorcerer enchantment system
To give the Sorcerer added depth, Blizzard has introduced a brand new mechanic: enchantment slots. This class-exclusive mechanic impacts the Sorcerer’s skills by providing alternative playstyles that wouldn’t usually be possible. The Sorcerer has six active slots for skills and three enchantment slots, giving you a total of nine unique skills.
In order to access this mechanic, you need to reach level 15 to automatically unlock the Legacy of the Magi priority quest. Once you complete the questline, you have access to one enchantment slot. The second enchantment slot requires players to be level 30 or above to gain access to it.
Take Ball Lightning as an example. As a regular spell, Ball Lightning slowly moves forward, attacking nearby enemies before collapsing into Crackling Energy which restores some mana. Placing Ball Lightning in the enchantment slot replaces the Crackling Energy effect with a 10% chance to cast an additional Ball Lightning. With the right setup, you could optimise your build to deal considerably more damage if you design your class with these enchantment slots in mind.
Diablo 4 Sorcerer playstyle
To use any of the Sorcerer spells outside of her basic attacks, each spell costs a certain amount of mana. The Sorcerer’s mana replenishes automatically after casting a spell. Not only do you have spell cooldowns to consider, but you also have to keep an eye on your total mana as you can’t cast powerful spells without it.
Diablo 4 forces players to pick between two weapon types: wands and staffs. Wands fire spells faster than staffs, but they lack the damage output of staffs. If you want to be agile on the battlefield, a wand might be the better option for players looking to attack and reposition in a short space of time.
Diablo 4 Sorcerer skill tree
An important detail to keep in mind is that players are expected to fill just 30-40% of the Diablo 4 skill tree by the end of the game. The Sorcerer has three elemental paths to choose from – become a jack of all trades, or master one specific element.
The optimal way to craft the best Diablo 4 Sorcerer build depends on how you decide to play the game. You might find that a Frost Sorcerer benefits a party by having a dedicated member of the team controlling the enemies at all times. If your party already has a powerful tank, it may be worth pursuing a Fire Sorcerer build to set your enemies ablaze. Blizzard has confirmed players can respec their character at any point, but it will come at a substantial resource cost after multiple experiments.
Sorcerer basic skills in Diablo 4
- Spark – Launch a bolt of lightning that deals damage and bounces to nearby enemies, dealing 30% less to each enemy hit.
- Spark Enchantment – Gains a 10% chance to form a crackling energy.
- Fire Bolt – Hurl a flaming bolt, dealing damage and burning nearby enemies for eight seconds.
- Fire Bolt Enchantment – Lucky Hit: direct damage from Fire Bolt has a 100% chance to burn enemies for 23% over eight seconds.
- Frost Bolt – Throw a bolt of frost at an enemy, dealing damage and chilling them.
- Frost Bolt Enchantment – Lucky Hit: direct damage from Frost Bolt has a 100% chance to chill for 30%.
- Arc Lash – Unleash arcing lightning that shocks enemies in front of you and then returns to you, restoring mana. Generates ten mana.
- Arc Lash Enchantment – Whenever you’re hit, you have a 20% chance to randomly stun your attacker for one second.
Sorcerer core skills in Diablo 4
- Charged Bolts – Release six bolts of lightning that course along the ground in an erratic pattern, dealing damage. Costs 18 Mana.
- Charged Bolts Enchantment – When you receive damage, you have a 40% chance to release five charged bolts.
- Fireball – Hurl a ball of fire that explodes on contact, dealing damage to nearby enemies. Costs 30 Mana.
- Fireball Enchantment – Killing an enemy with a fireball generates an explosion that deals 50% of its damage.
- Ice Shards – Launch five shards that deal damage. Deals additional damage to frozen enemies. Costs 18 Mana.
- Ice Shards Enchantment – Ice shards automatically fly towards frozen enemies.
- Incinerate – Channel a beam of fire, burning enemies. Costs 20 Mana per second.
- Incinerate Enchantment – Lucky Hit: landing a direct hit with Incinerate has an 8% chance to generate a rotating Incinerate beam.
- Chain Lightning – Unleash a bolt of lightning dealing damage and jumping to nearby targets. Costs 35 Mana.
- Chain Lightning Enchantment – Additional chain lightning forms after spending 100 mana on this spell.
- Frozen Orb – Unleash an orb that chills and expels piercing shards and explodes into frost bolts. Costs 40 Mana.
- Frozen Orb Enchantment – Gain a 20% chance to generate a Frozen Orb at a nearby enemy when you cast a non-basic skill.
Sorcerer defensive skills in Diablo 4
- Flame Shield – Engulf yourself in flames for two seconds, burning nearby enemies each second. Cooldown: 29 seconds.
- Flame Shield Enchantment – When you take fatal damage, Flame Shield automatically activates to stop you from dying. It takes 120 seconds to recharge.
- Frost Nova – Unleash a torrent of frost, freezing nearby enemies. Cooldown: 24 seconds.
- Frost Nova Enchantment – Lucky Hit: Landing a critical strike using your conjuration skills gives you a 30% chance to generate a Frost Nova.
- Ice Armor – After not taking damage for five seconds, ice accumulates on you, absorbing damage.
- Ice Armor Enchantment – Gain a 5% chance to automatically apply ice armor when you take damage.
- Teleport – Transform into lightning, becoming immune and surging to the target location. Cooldown: 22 seconds.
- Teleport Enchantment – Evade is replaced with teleport which has a 17-second cooldown.
Sorcerer conjuration skills in Diablo 4
- Ice Blades – Conjure ice blades for 12 seconds that rapidly slash enemies and generates chill. Costs 20 Mana.
- Ice Blades Enchantment – Killing an enemy gives you a 10% chance to generate ice blades. This skill takes 20 seconds to recharge.
- Hydra – Summon a three-headed hydra for 12 seconds. Each head spits fire at a nearby enemy dealing damage. Cooldown: 20 seconds
- Hydra Enchantment – Killing a burning enemy automatically spawns a hydra head from its corpse for three seconds.
- Lightning Spear – Conjure a crackling spear of lightning that seeks out enemies for six seconds, dealing damage per hit. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Lightning Spear Enchantment – You have a 10% chance to generate a lightning spear whenever you absorb crackling energy.
Sorcerer mastery skills in Diablo 4
- Firewall – Creates a wall of flames dealing X damage to enemies over eight seconds. Costs 40 Mana
- Firewall Enchantment – Lucky Hit: direct damage has a 15% chance to generate a firewall for three seconds.
- Meteor – Summon a meteor that strikes the target location, dealing damage. The ground burns for X damage over three seconds. Costs 40 Mana.
- Meteor Enchantment – Whenever you deal burning damage to an enemy, there’s a 3% chance a Meteor will spawn on them
- Ball Lightning – Conjure a ball of lightning that slowly moves forward, zapping enemies. Costs 60 Mana.
- Ball Lightning Enchantment – When crackling lightning would form, instead there’s a 10% chance of an additional Ball Lightning being generated instead.
- Blizzard – Summon a frigid blizzard that deals damage and chills enemies. Costs 40 Mana
- Blizzard Enchantment – Every 15 seconds, a blizzard follows you for four seconds.
Sorcerer ultimate skills in Diablo 4
- Deep Freeze – Encase yourself in ice, becoming immune for four seconds. For the duration, you emanate damaging chilling waves. This freezes enemies longer than normal. Cooldown: 60 seconds
- Inferno – Ignite a roaring inferno that pulses in and out of the target area, burning enemies over eight seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds
- Unstable Currents – You become lighting incarnate. While in this form, you are immune, nearby enemies are continually shocked, and you can surge quickly between locations. Cooldown: 90 seconds
And that’s all there is to know about the Sorcerer in Diablo 4. Be sure to check out our Diablo 4 Druid guide if you haven’t done so already. We also have a Diablo 4 classes guide to see all of the unique playstyles coming to the game.