The preliminary public test realm patch notes for Diablo 3’s update 2.4.2 have been released. These are subject to change before the patch is released into the wild proper, but they should give you and idea of what to expect.
The fun never stops during E3 week – for more PC gaming news hit up our homepage.
The headline addition of the new patch is the introduction of more difficulty modes:Torment XI-XIII. There’s also your usual tweaks to classes, with the Demon Hunter in particular undergoing a bunch of changes, including a completely redesigned Spike Trap.
Here are some of the highlights:
- New difficulty levels, Torment XI-XIII have been added to the game
- Gold rewards have been adjusted:
- Greater Rift 26 and up has been rescaled to a flat 3% increase per tier
- Torment VII-XIII has been changed to match Greater Rift reward scaling
- The cost to empower a Greater Rift has been reduced to match the new gold reward rate
- Infernal Machine drop rates have been adjusted:
- There is now a 50% chance for a machine to drop on Torment I increasing to 100% on Torment IV
- Torment levels V-XIII have an increasing chance for a second machine to drop
- Nephalem Rifts
- Greater Rift Keys are now guaranteed from any Nephalem Rift and increasing the difficulty now increases your chance of getting a second or third key
- Greater Rifts
- Some of the Experience earned in a Greater Rift has been shifted from killing monsters to the reward for closing the rift. The overall amount of Experience earned should be roughly the same
- Pylons in Nephalem Rifts now have unique minimap icons
- A hotkey has been added to the game to hide the UI
- When the Blacksmith is trained to maximum level his recipe list will now start collapsed
- The Menagerist Goblin now has a unique minimap icon
For classes and items, head to the official Blizzard patch notes, where you”l also find information on the public test realm.