Fill your eyes with basements covered in toxic sludge, facilities carved out of Martian rock and the lovely sights of Hell itself – yes, it’s a whirlwind tour of Doom’s nine multiplayer maps. Direct your squishy orbs of sight to the trailer below.
The video’s title is a bit of a stretch, since the last six maps are crammed into the final seconds of the trailer, hardly letting us “explore” them, but what a fun bunch of places it looks like we’ll be able to do battle on. Fire and brimstone and radioactive waste – it’s what battlefields are made of.
And if the trailer hasn’t quite sated you, here are a few more details on the maps, courtesy of Bethesda.
- Excavation: A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder.
- Infernal: A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm: This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal: This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix: This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition: Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious: Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave: An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath: Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
Doom’s closed beta kicks off on March 31st for those of you who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, while everyone else will have to wait until launch to play. That’s May 13th.