Dota 2 finally gets the Juggernaut Arcana in patch 7.03, adding a bunch of new animations and snazzy effects to the popular hero. Crits, kills, movement, and victory animations have all been reworked.
Check our list of the best MOBAs for more like Dota 2.
Elsewhere, there’s a whole new UI for Captains Mode.
“We’ve designed a new Captains Mode interface to match the rest of the 7.0 updates,” say the patch notes. “Teammates can now suggest picks and bans, swap the Captain role with a few simple clicks, and enjoy the added benefits of Strategy Time.”
If UI isn’t exciting enough for you, know that Monkey King is now also available in Captains Mode.
While Juggernaut is the main focus of this update,Jakiro’s model has also been tweaked, so they can fight together in style.
Here are the general gameplay changes:
- Added Monkey King to Captains Mode.
- XP Required to go from level 1 to level 6 increased by 15%, 300 XP total
- XP Required to go from level 9 to 13 redistributed from 700/720/740/1200 to 800/820/840/900
- AoE hero kill Gold and XP bounties reduced by 10% (including comeback gold and XP)
- Tier 1 Team Bounty reduced from 160 to 120
- Passive gold income reduced by 10%
- Reduced lane melee creeps base gold bounties by 2
- Increased lane melee creeps gold bounty per upgrade cycle by 1
- Reduced lane range creeps gold bounty per upgrade cycle by 1
- Shrines base HP regen reduced from 120 HP/sec to 100
- All towers base armor reduced by 4
- Towers now gain 2 armor per nearby enemy player within 1200 AoE
- Tier 1 Tower HP increased from 1300 to 1400
- Scan cooldown reduced from 270 seconds to 210
- Ranked All Pick hero selection time reduced from 35 seconds to 30 seconds
Check the official patch notes for the nitty gritty on items and more.