Dota 2 is celebrating its biggest-ever update and what is essentially a brand new game. Well, brand new games need patches, and there’s bound to be a whole bunch of them. Below we’ve gathered some highlights from the last few to be deployed, along with links to where you can find out more.
For playing yourself, try these Dota 2 heroes.
March 16 Part 2 - Post-Post-Legacy patch
Good things come in multiples. Further fixes include:
- Minor updates to Jakiro's new model.
- "A ton" of localisation updates
The usual Reddit thread has some details on UI updates.
March 16 - Post-Legacy patch
Minor tweaks always flood in after a major gameplay update. This time:
- Added tooltip modifiers for towers to indicate their new armor change from 7.03.
- Fixed the magic resistance of Hood of Defiance not being updated to 7.03 change correctly.
- Fixed the scroll bar not being on the correct side on the combat log when the HUD is flipped.
Usual Reddit thread has more details.
March 15 - The Bladeform Legacy
March 13 - Unranked patch
Teeny-tiny patch to switch unranked pick orders to be the same as ranked. It's important to someone, so it's here:
- Unranked All Pick now uses the same picking order as Ranked.
- Performance improved when using Monkey King’s Wukong's Command, especially for players with high ping.
- Performance improved when spawning Illusions.
Those latter two are rather important as well, particularly considering Monkey King's upcoming introducting to Captain's Mode. Here's the usual Reddit thread.
March 8 - Rapier patch
Just the one gameplay change, and more of a bugfix really, along with some other bits:
- Rapier can no longer be disassembled
- The Kiev Major is now the featured tournament. You can find it at Watch > Featured.
- Minor Tweak to Lycan face texture.
Some details and all the changes in the usual Reddit thread.
Those are the last five Dota 2 patches - more are always on the way. We'll update when Valve do.