There is a lot to look through on this one folks. In the latest patch to Dota 2, Valve has made balance adjustments to 44 heroes on the roster. As well as these wide ranging hero tweaks, patch 7.02 also alters many items in the shop and tweaks various elements for the Dire side of the map.
If you’re looking for a good hero to play, check out our top beginner Dota 2 heroes.
Pretty much all of these balance adjustments are to do with talent tweaks, with all 44 changed heroes receiving some kind of alteration to their talents. Lone Druid has taken quite the hit, with both of his increased damage talents receiving a nerf while non-meta heroes like Windranger and Enchantress have received some buffs to hopefully increase their appearance in general play.
Sentry Wards can be bought individually rather than in packs of two and Observer Wards now offer a ‘fog of war’ simulator before you place them down, so you don’t waste a ward trying to provide vision to an area blocked by a tree. Speaking of trees, the Dire side of the map now has more trees around towers and the medium camp and secondary jungle spots have also been switched around. You may have to edit your usual jungle path accordingly.
- Shrines are now vulnerable after a T3 tower dies (same as the Shrines inside the base), rather than after all T2 towers die
- Sentry Wards now come in packs of 1 for 100 gold (instead of 2 for 200)
- Added Lycan to CM
- Satyr Trickster Purge slow from 100/80/60/40/20% over 5 seconds to 50/40/30/20/10%
- Helm of the Dominator All Stats from 6 to 4
- Helm of the Dominator creeps now give a constant 125 gold bounty
- Shadow Walk damage for Silver Edge from 225 to 200
- Tome of Knowledge additional XP per used Tome from 100 to 135
- Blademail damage return no longer spell lifesteals off of returned damage
- Dragon Lance agility from 14 to 13
- Battle Fury Radius from 280 to 300
- Battle Fury Distance from 520 to 570
- Bloodthorn cooldown from 11 to 13
- Solar Crest Armor from 10 to 12 (same for transferring to Ally/Enemy)
- Sange maim chance from 24% to 30%
- Sange and Yasha Greater Maim chance from 30% to 35%
- Heaven’s Halberd maim chance from 24% to 35%
- Heaven’s Halberd cooldown from 30 to 22
- Regen Rune now has the same damage dispel rules as Healing Salve
- Aegis expiration regen now has the same damage dispel rules as Healing Salve
- Observer Wards now have a Fog of War simulator to show you the area the ward will reveal (taking into account trees and terrain height)
- Towers no longer attack neutral team units
- The following abilities cause neutrals to temporarily not draw aggro: Meat Hook, Telekinesis and Toss
- Added more trees for TP cover around the dire towers
- Swapped the dire secondary jungle ancients and medium camp spots (and improved spawn boxes/stackability)
- The Dire ward spot to the left of the Ancients no longer gives vision over the rune area in front of Roshan
- Slightly adjusted the dire secondary jungle bounty rune further back
- Reduced spawnbox size for both Dire hard camps
- Shifted down the spawnbox for the ancient camp (formerly medium camp) in the Dire secondary jungle (so a high ground ward does not block the camp)
- Fixed a rare case where Dire ancients could be stuck between trees when spawning
Rather than make this post even longer with the changes to all 44 heroes, it’s best to check them out over on the official Dota 2 site. There is a lot to dig through so it’s to best search for your favourite heroes first, to check if they haven’t been hit too hard by the nerf bat.