Dota 2 updated with Templar Assassin and Summer Sale items
As I enthused yesterday, I’m really quite excited by the addition of Templar Assassin. She ticks my buttons, being a balls-to-the-wall kind of ganker where you can pull off some insane moves if you’re cheeky/lucky/skilled/desperate enough. She’s moved from the test server to the official client, and brought a whole bunch of goodies with her.
Along with the changes detailed in the patch notes below, there’s been a huge amount of content added in the form of new items. If you bought a ticket for The Defense, you’ve now got a crate that could have any number of excellent new items in it, all the way up to a Defense branded War Dog courier. And if you haven’t bought a ticket for The Defense, you aren’t entirely out of luck.
With the Steam Summer Sale going live, Valve’s spirit of generosity has found its way into Dota 2, with most items in the store going on sale, as well as Sithil’s Summer Stash, a special crate that, for the duration of July, can be opened by a special summer key to give you any one of a dozen or so new items, from a Dragonbone hook for Pudge to a wrapped hammer for Omniknight. We’re starting to see the cosmetic items branch out into new heroes, and this is the start.
New to Dota 2 and don't know which heroes to play? Take a gander at our best Dota 2 heroes for beginners guide.
As for the minutia of the changes, the patch notes are below, and there’s a comprehensive breakdown over on Cyborgmatt’s blog.
- Added Templar Assassin!
- Enabled Templar Assassin, Disruptor and Undying in Captain's Mode.
- Bounty Hunter: Fixed Jinada proccing on Tombstone.
- Broodmother: Fixed Spiderling passive proccing on magic immune units (like zombies) and spawning mass spiderlings.
- Disruptor: Fixed Kinetic Field sometimes causing heroes to fail to attack a hero who is being trapped in the field.
- Earthshaker: Fixed Echo Slam inital damage not hitting units through magic immunity.
- Leshrac: Fixed Pulse Nova procing Essence Aura.
- Lone Druid: Fixed Spirit Bear not aggroing creeps when it attacks a hero
- Luna: Fixed Moon Glaive bouncing on ward type units
- Luna: Fixed Moon Glaive bounce order.
- Lycan: Fixed wolves having max speed for their duration after Shapeshift ends if summoned during Shapeshift.
- Necrolyte: Fixed Death Pulse not healing allied magic immune units
- Puck: Fixed Phase Shift proccing Essence Aura.
- Rubick: Fixed being able to steal spells from their being toggled off.
- Rubick: Fixed getting stuck in Flesh Golem form when respawning with the buff.
- Rubick: Fixed some abilities being broken when re-stealing them, now re-stealing an ability will have no effect on your currently stolen ability.
- Shadow Shaman: Fixed Ether Shock ignoring Linken's Sphere.
- Spiritbreaker: Fixed Greaterbash affecting Magic Immune units when procced via other abilities
- Undying: Fixed Tombstone interaction with Refresher Orb.
- Undying: Fixed Deathlust sometimes not working properly.
- Undying: Fixed a bug where Deathlust would sometimes not go away.
- Undying: Decay now makes the target lose exactly 76 health when cast and heal exactly 76 when it ends. Before the health scaling was causing the target not to lose then gain the correct amount of health.
- Wisp: Fixed Spirits exploding on illusions.
- Wisp: Fixed Relocate to not teleport Wisp while dead
- Improved AFK detection.
- Fixed Smoke of Deceit dodging incoming projectiles if there are nearby enemy heroes.
- Fixed Ethereal Blade and Black King Bar interaction.
- Fixed completely-avoided damage from triggering blink dagger's cooldown.
- Rich Presence now shows if you're casting a game.
- If you buy an Aghanim's Scepter on a hero with no upgrade, this is now shown in the ability.
- Battle point rate and any equipped bonuses are now shown in the inspect panel.
- Numerical battle points earned (split into base and bonus) are now shown on the game end screen.
- The play panel now shows matchmaking game modes and regions from the party when finding a match.
- Improved unpause countdown, added UI sound.
- Fixed case where we weren't properly crediting damage from summoned units/wards to their hero in the combatlog.
- Added an interface setting to prevent the camera from moving upon respawn
- Neutrals now have yellow healthbars when spectating.
- Roshan's healthbar is now slightly bigger.
- We now hide all match details until you reveal the winner.
- Team names and logos are now shown on match details panel.
- Fixed a handful of issues with the message and chat system when watching replays.
- The killcam card now flips over to show the full body portrait.
DOTA 2 BOTS
- Improved how bots manage their movement while doing evasive maneuvers -- they will now consider a range of escape directions and select the best one based on other nearby avoidance zones.
- Added avoidance to Disruptor's Kinetic Field (while it's forming) and Static Storm.
- Improved how bots request items from the stash via the courier. The courier will now only deliver items the hero has room for, and bots will take into account projected item combines.
- Added overhead messages when items or abilities cause unnatural mana gain or loss (such as Arcane Boots).
- A new chest with exclusive items has been spotted.
- Announcers, couriers and several rare items on sale.
- Added Storm Spirit announcer.
- Added over 50 new community created items.