An array of Disney Dreamlight Valley characters will join you on your adventure in this adorable farming sim, as you become neighbours and buddies with familiar faces ffrom your favourite animated movies. The Disney game is still in early access and, as a result, we know some that are missing right now will be coming to the valley later down the line.
While Disney Dreamlight Valley is part life sim, it is also very story driven, and some of the characters you come across make up part of that story. Others can be chosen and unlocked in any order from inside the Dream Castle – though you’ll want to read our Disney Dreamlight Valley guide beforehand, as it recommends you spend your Dreamlight on something else before unlocking too many realms. Here though, we take a look at every Disney Dreamlight Valley character you’ll come across in the story, as well as all of those you can currently rescue from their realms, and the ones we’re yet to see in-game.
All current Disney Dreamlight Valley characters and how to find them
The very first character you’re introduced to in Dreamlight Valley is Merlin from The Sword in the Stone. He is pivotal to your journey in Disney Dreamlight Valley, teaching you how things work, and how to harness your magical powers. As you progress through the valley, you’ll be introduced to more, like your neighbour, Mickey Mouse.
Here’s the full list of everyone you’ll encounter in this new land as you continue your journey bringing Dreamlight Valley back to life:
- Merlin: Greets you at the start of Disney Dreamlight Valley.
- Scrooge McDuck: Awaits your help outside his rundown shop in the Plaza, and he will even help you upgrade your house.
- Mickey Mouse: Your Plaza neighbour, and another character who never left the valley.
- Goofy: Locked away in the Peaceful Meadow, Goofy will be quick to introduce himself once you unlock the biome.
- Ursula: Trapped in a cave, which Merlin helps you discover as soon as you unlock Dazzle Beach.
- Kristoff: Unlock the Forest of Valor, and Kristoff will be awaiting rescue.
- Donald Duck: Will need to be rescued from a dark portal within the Forest of Valor.
- Mother Gothel: When you unlock the Glade of Trust, you must enter a large, cursed tree in which Mother Gothel is trapped, so that she may get out.
- Minnie Mouse: You will see Minnie Mouse’s shimmering aura around the valley from time to time, but will need to complete quests with Mickey to be able to interact with her and bring her home.
- Ariel: After completing Goofy’s The Mysterious Wreck quest, you will be able to sail to a secret island from which Ariel can’t get home without your help.
- Eric: Complete quests with Ariel and increase your friendship level to bring Eric back to the valley.
Fairly early on, Merlin will show you how to unlock the Dream Castle, giving you access to character realms. These will take you to where these additional characters are currently residing, and task you with bringing them home. This is also how we expect most future characters to be released to the game.
Currently, there are only four realms accessible: Moana, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Frozen, while more have already been announced. With over 30 doors already visible in the Dream Castle, and an unlimited potential to add to those, we can expect many more. The characters currently available from realms are:
Upcoming Disney Dreamlight Valley characters
Based on what we know about the game itself, we can already start to guess who might be coming in those additional realms. Disney Dreamlight Valley has plenty more characters to offer, either during early access or following its full, free-to-play release, and Toy Story and Lion King characters have been announced with the first Disney Dreamlight Valley expansions. Belle and Ralph appear in an official trailer, but are currently not in-game, and a number of clothing and furniture sets available hint at other franchises that could be included, such as Monsters Inc.
As we’ve mentioned, we mostly expect these characters to join Dreamlight Valley through realms, but Gameloft has confirmed that the Lion King characters will be introduced via the main story, presumably through the Sunlit Plateau’s existing Elephant Graveyard. Some of the characters we can expect to see in the future are:
- Buzz Lightyear
- Vanellope von Schweetz
While the above characters have appeared in trailers, hopefully other franchise characters will join them – because there’s no Sully without Mike Wazowski, or Stitch without Lilo.
Missing Dreamlight Valley characters and films
Knowing all of the above, there are definitely still some characters we’d love to see join the character list in the future. Personally, we won’t rest until we see Hercules, Meg, and Tarzan strolling around the village. Here are just some of the movies with characters missing from Disney Dreamlight Valley, who could be added in the future:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Big Hero 6
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- The Incredibles
- The Jungle Book
- Peter Pan
- The Princess and the Frog
- Robin Hood
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White and The Seven Dwarves
- Winnie the Pooh
Some of the above franchises do appear in-game already thanks to customisation items, but there’s no confirmation as of yet that any of their characters will make an appearance. We’ve also left a few more unrealistic ones out, such as live-action movies or characters like Dumbo, The Rescuers, and Lightning McQueen who we’d love to see, but might be too large or small. But then we do have Remy, so who knows what the future of Dreamlight Valley holds.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$180VIEWNetwork N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
Speaking of Remy, if you’re struggling with his realm questline, we’ve got a guide to his famous ratatouille recipe, as well as a list of all other Dreamlight Valley recipes, too. Or, if you’re stuck down in the Disney Dreamlight Valley Mystical Cave thanks to Ursula, you’ll want to read all about the riddles and how to solve them.