In preparation for the last story add-on for Fallout 4, Bethesda have rolled out a patch to make the base game compatible with it and squash a bunch of bugs.
The story doesn't have to be over - there are more tough choices in our list of PC's best RPGs.
As for other new features in the patch, a new store art type is available for Workshop settlements. And that's it for new stuff.
Other than that, it's all bug fixes for the main game and for mod use. My favourite is probably the bug that caused players to turn invisible if sneaking while using mods.
Here's the full list of changes:
- General optimization and stability improvements
- Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"
- Vendors can offer large shipments of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel and Wood
- Improvements to accuracy and control with picking up and placing objects (not Workshop mode)
- Grenades and molotov cocktails can now be used with the Junk Mortar (Contraptions)
- Fixed issue with companions unequipping clothing when fast travelling with player
- Fixed an issue with player animations not loading properly after reloading a saved game
- Fixed issue where certain dog armours would not equip properly on Dogmeat
- Fixed an issue where objects from Add Ons would not scrap correctly or would not be stored properly
- Fixed infinite load that would occasionally occur while logging off while downloading a mod
- Fixed a crash related to investing in a store while trading
- Fixed issue where "Quartermastery" would send player to erroneous locations
- Fixed performance issues related to dropping certain weapons
- Fixed issue where melee weapon would not properly after dying and reloading the save
- Fixed a rare issue where Sturges and Mama Murphy would stop moving
- Fixed snapping issue with Surgery Centre in Workshop mode
- Fixed issue where Mods images would stop displayed while scrolling through Mods menu
- Disable All Mods now works properly when offline
- NPCs that are changed in a Mod will update changes like hairstyles properly
- Fixed animation error related to NPCs changed in Mods who have died, and reloading the save without the Mod activated
- Fixed issue where sneaking would turn player invisible while running with Mods
- Localisation strings moved to Interface archive
- Minor UI improvements to Mods menu and Mods Detail menus
Nuka World releases some time this month.