Far Cry 4 is full of rhinos, tigers, elephants, angry gun-toting folk and weird spirits, but one Himalayan beastie is notable for its absence: the yeti.
Well, it’s absent unless you fork over £23.99 for the season pass, which will also net you some bonus missions and a PvP mode.
Here’s the full season pass list:
- The Syringe – Available from launch exclusively for Season Pass holders, players must keep a rare and potent recipe from falling into the hands of Pagan Min’s forces. Playable in single-player and co-op, players will need to ensure that he does not use its devastating effects on the rebel forces.
- Escape from Durgesh Prison – Ajay and Hurk have been rounded up and tortured in Yuma’s prison. Team up with a friend to escape and survive the hostile lands of Pagan Min’s Kyrat.
- Hurk Deluxe Pack – Five missions, playable in single-player and co-op, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption are available. Access an arsenal of new weapons including a harpoon gun for Hurk.
- Overrun – Team up as Rakshasa or Golden Path in this PvP mode and control a series of neutral locations across Kyrat’s countryside to protect them from being overrun by your opponents.
- Valley of the Yetis – Ajay’s helicopter has crashed on an unforgiving Himalayan ridge. Explore the frozen landscape and find tools to upgrade your camp and protect it from a dangerous cult when night falls. With single-player and co-op options, players will not be alone, but in the darkest caves players will have more to fear than just the cult as the yetis await their prey…
Unfortunately it seems to be the usual suspects of day one DLC, a random assortment of extra missions and PvP that separates the haves and the have nots. The Valley of the Yetis DLC is tempting, though, if only because abominable snowmen are just wonderful.
The season pass and main game come bundled together in the Far Cry 4 Gold Edition, which Ubisoft says will be cheaper than buying them separately. The game’s out on November 18th.