FIFA 23 OTW cards are dynamic versions of a players regular gold card. It stands for Ones To Watch, and follows the highest-profile signings from across the football landscape. OTW is the first of the football game‘s unique events and could set you up for a while if you manage to get your hands on one of the special cards.
These cards can be mainstays in your team depending on their real life performances as they can receive upgrades if the player features in the Team of the Week, or if they earn a Man of the Match card. This is different from players in the FIFA 23 Heroes or Icons promotions, as their rating cannot be upgraded. Here’s the current batch of FIFA 23 OTW players.
All FIFA 23 OTW players
- Erling Haaland – Manchester City
- Darwin Nunez – Liverpool
- Sadio Mane – Bayern Munich
- Nico Schlotterbeck – Dortmund
- Robert Lewandowski – Barcelona
- Antonio Rudiger – Real Madrid
- Aurelien Tchouameni – Real Madrid
- Corentin Tolisso – Lyon
- Antony – Manchester Utd
- Tyler Adams – Leeds
- Paulo Dybala – Roma
- Gabriel Jesus – Arsenal
- Matthijs De Ligt – Bayern
- Steven Bergwijn – Ajax
- Renato Sanches – PSG
Packing a OTW player isn’t the only way you’ll be able to add one of the dynamic cards to your squad, as there are a handful of players attainable via SBCs and objectives:
- Richarlison – Spurs (Objective):
- Steady Finisher: Score using Premier League players in 12 separate matches in Live FUT Friendly: Continental Links
- Welcome To North London: Assist two goals with crosses using Premier League players in the Live FUT Friendly: Continental Links
- Finesse Masterclass: Score five finesse goals in the Live FUT Friendly: Continental Links
- Winners Circle: Win six matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Continental Links
- Sergino Dest – Milan (Objective)
- Serie A Impact: Score eight goals using Serie A players in Squad Battles on min. Semi-Pro Difficulty (or Rivals)
- Top Performance: Win five Squad Battles matches on min. Semi-Pro difficulty (or Rivals) while having a minimum of three LaLiga players and three Serie A players in your starting XI
- San Siro Embrace: Assist a goal with a through ball in three separate Squad Battles matches on min. Semi-Pro difficulty (or Rivals)
- Star Speed: Assist six goals in Squad Battles on min. Semi-Pro difficulty (or Rivals) while having at least three players with a minimum of 80 pace in your starting lineup
- Franck Kessie – Barcelona (SBC):
- 83-rated squad, min of one player with a min OVR of 86, min one Barcelona player
- 84-rated squad, min of one player with a min OVR of 86, min one LaLiga player
- 85-rated squad, min one player with min OVR of 88
- Angel Di Maria – Juventus (SBC September 26):
- 83-rated squad with a minimum of one Juventus player
- 84-rated squad with a minimum of one Serie A player
- Raheem Sterling – Chelsea (SBC October 6)
Upgrading OTW players in FIFA 23
As mentioned earlier, a OTW player needs to perform well in real life and earn a Team of the Week card in order to receive in-game upgrades, to the same stats of the TOTW version. EA has also brought back the ‘Wins to Watch’ mechanic from FIFA 22, giving OTW cards a chance to earn a one-time upgrade. If the OTW player’s team wins three out of eight of the next league games from September 30, they’ll be eligible for an upgrade, even if they didn’t feature in the matches or earn a TOTW version.
There’s also a new opportunity for OTW players to receive an upgrade through the ‘Nations to Watch’ scheme which runs during the World Cup in November and December. Similar to Wins to Watch, OTW players have a chance to receive a one-off upgrade if their national team wins a game during the World Cup. The player only needs to be part of the nation that wins the match, they don’t need to be on the team sheet to receive an upgrade. For example, if Brazil won their opening game at the World Cup without playing Richarlison, he would still receive an upgrade even though he wasn’t involved in the match.
How to get OTW players
The only way to guarantee you’ll receive an untradeable OTW player in FIFA 23 is to have preordered the Ultimate Edition of the game before September 30. It’s worth keeping an eye out in-game for the latest SBCs, some of which have OTW players as rewards. Other than that, you need to open packs during a specific period of time to have a chance of owning one of these cards.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$179.99VIEWNetwork N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
That’s everything you need to know about the FIFA 23 OTW players. It’s worth reading our FIFA 23 ratings guide to see where your favourite players stack up against each other this year, and checking out our FIFA 23 crossplay guide to see how that brand new mechanic works.