The next major content patch is coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, titled the Gears of Change. It adds something for everyone, from new dungeons, to larger challenges, to noobie-friendly zones and new training companions. They’ve even made it so higher-level players can help their lowbie friends through the games systems with a new Mentor program.
A thousand MMOs, each huger than the last – but which is the greatest? Let our best MMOs guide help you out.
All that and much more in the latest, lengthy trailer:
Not to let the aura of expertise slide, but without much time invested in the game, not a lot of this is decipherable to me. Thankfully Square have also made an update post available that’s slowly explaining all the features. So far, they are:
- Hildibrand Adventures side quests, featuring the be-monacled fellow you see above.
- A new raid, Alexander: Midas, set inside a great steel titan.
- Stone, Sky, Sea, a new training area.
- Beast Tribe quests add to the game, seemingly involving a lot of flying around on giant insects.
- A pair of new dungeons, including the upside-down Antitower.
And a load more that hasn’t been fully revealed yet. the patch comes out in just under a couple of weeks, on the 23rd of February.