I’m not saying Firaxicon sounds like some sort of virility enhancer, but I am saying that it sounds like the sort of thing you’d want in an unmarked bottle which you would immediately hide if you ever bought it in a chemists.
What it actually is, though, is the first Firaxis convention, which takes place in Maryland next month.
It looks like there are quite a few good reasons to attend. Here’s some of what’s on the docket:
- Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
- Enjoy ‘An Evening with Sid Meier’ featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
- Play Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
- Sign-up for the first ever XCOM: EU Invitational Tournament for a chance to win THE GOLDEN MUTON
- Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
- Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more – all focused on Firaxis Games
- Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
- Get unique Firaxicon swag, just for attending
- Get access to Firaxis Games merchandise
The convention kicks off at 10AM EDT on September 27th and finishes at 10 the following day. Tickets aren’t too pricey, either, at $40.