If there were ever a genre to benefit from the post-Steam world of continually updated PC games, it’d be sports management. There was a time when Football Manager 2013 would’ve begun dating as soon as it left Sports Interactive’s offices – a static image of a past season, doomed to perpetually repeat itself.
No longer. With update 13.3.0, FM13 will allow you to see “Beckham strut his stuff at PSG, watch Balotelli back in Milan or lead the French revolution at Newcastle”, thanks to newly updated squads.
The latest transfer data will only apply to new games started after the update, but is compatible with both modes – full-fat Football Manager and Football Manager Classic.
“Please remember as with all data updates, short-term loans are not included, and some late transfers/managerial changes or those conducted after February 1st 2013 may not be included,” disclaim SI.
13.3.0’s other changes and fixes apply to all current and future saves, and are listed below:
Football Manager 2013 v13.3.2
– Fixed an issue where some player heights were showing up incorrectly in game
– Transferred Diego Buonanotte from Malaga to Granada
– Fixed a rare crash issue related to the users inbox
Football Manager 2013 v13.3.1
– Fixed an issue related to old save games no longer loading
Football Manager 2013 v13.3.0
– Fixed very rare crashes related to corrupted edited data
– Improved long term balance of players set piece attributes
– Fixed board not returning results for parent and feeder clubs after granting users request
– Prevented stadiums being used in international tournaments after clubs had moved out
– Assistant now gives bias to player training focus based on position and role they are playing in
– Improved image selection on FMC News screens
– Removed ability to incorrectly offer coaching jobs when National Manager
– Fixed retiring players sometimes generating non-FMC staff roles.
– Improved player training feedback on Player Information screen
– Fixed user receiving news for players on inactive shortlist
– Decreased likelihood of Board continually expanding stadium capacity so soon after an expansion
– Board will now increase junior coaching and recruitment at their discretion
– Fixed Player Action to show “Approach to Sign” when user can offer them an end of contract transfer.
– All Player Interested unlockable fixes
– Fixed High Visibility incorrectly unlocking when winning Club World Championship Best Player
– Fixed rare case to ensure user fails Financial Storm challenge if they don’t make profit/reduce wage bill
– Improved season expectations when taking over a club mid-season
– Fixed instance when the board stated they were disappointed with winning the league
– Fixed board stating they are unhappy with only receiving a low fee when the player is sold for a very large amount of money
– Increased the chance of under-performing managers getting sacked at the end of the season
– Fixed amateur teams playing in Austrian FA Cup
– Updated league table sort order in Belarusian leagues
– Fixed replay match not taking place for the Belgian Third Division Champions playoff
– Updated schedule for the Belgian Cup
– Updated São Paulo State Championship TV money
– Updated Gaúcho State Championship, amount of relegated teams
– Updated amount of relegated teams in Potiguar State Championship
– Fixed strange prize money in State Leagues
– Added missing draw rule for Chinese FA Cup
– Points deduction for 3 Super League clubs
– Fixed best third placed teams that qualify for the second round of Colombian Cup getting group stage prize money
– Added missing English Football League sorting rule, ‘Results between Teams’
– French Cup competition format if the winner isn’t a Ligue 1 team
– Fixed incorrect venue of the Finnish Cup final
– Updated scheduling of Finnish Premier League and First Division
– Updated Finnish League Cup schedule
– Trial players can play in Finnish League Cup; maximum of 2 in match day squad
– Improved league scheduling when national team qualify for major tournament
– Fixed Indian Arrows being relegated fron National Football League
– Fixed Club World Championship issue when a Japanese Club wins the Asian Champions League and doesn’t get entered and the game picks the best Japanese side instead.
– Fixed incorrect minimum number of goalkeepers for Olympic squads
– Stopped Suriname being enetered into the Central American Nations Cup when they shouldn’t
– Updated West Asian Football Championship schedule
– Set Costa Rica as Central American Nations Cup hosts
– Canadian Championship winners now represent Canada when hosting Club World Championship
– Set loaned players in Israel can always play against their owning club from 2013/14 season onwards
– Set loaned players in Israel can always play cup competitions
– 9 points deduction for Hapoel Kfar-Saba
– Points deduction updates
– Fixed Malaysia FA Cup Sub Rules
– Added Malaysian transfer windows
– Fixed “Team with best league record wins if scores are level” match rule not working for First Division Playoffs
– Fixed up Norwegian Cup.
– Tweaked Polish Ekstraklasa TV scheduling
– Fixed 16th placed team in Ekstraklasa getting the same prize money as the league winners
– Fixed scheduling of Portuguese League Cup when using 2013 start date
– Fixed Serbian First League team in promotion/relegation playoff having senior players unavailable due to squad registration being in place for Super League.
– Updated loan rules
– Fixed incorrect Slovenian Cup Semi-Final and Final prize money
– Contracts below South African First Division are restricted to one year at a time
– Fixed scheduling of the Copa Libertadores group stage
– Added Promotion/Relegation Play-off between K-League and N-League from 2013
– Fixed Super Cup clashing with international fixtures
– Fixed lack of TV coverage in Turkish Second Division
– Fixed Ukraine Super Cup and League Fixture clashing with the Euros and World Cup
– Added names of post split groups for the Premier League
– Fixed editor crash when editing a Nation’s Transfer Values where none were previously set
– Improved assignment of teams to regional sub-divisions both at game start and in successive seasons
– Improved in-game functionality of the “Seeded By Division Reputation” Seeding Rule
– Fixed changing a non-player’s staff role at a club would not being reflected in-game
– Fixed an rare issue where edited Continental Cup could cause no Competitions to be displayed on the Continental Competitions screens
– Enabled the editing of some Player contract clauses that weren’t able to be set; removed two redundant MLS-specific clauses
– Fixed an issue where a Competition’s End Date could potentially cause Promotion/Championship Playoffs to never fully schedule
– Added specialist 26% tax rule for Denmark
– Solidarity payments fee adjustment.
– Fix for mls additional shirt sponsors.
– Player wage fixes.
– Turkish non-football and Other costs adjustments.
– Scouting costs adjustments.
– Max wage limit being prohibitive fix.
– Staff wage fixes.
– User awarded huge mid-season transfer budget for no reason fix.
– Fixed crash when attempting to connect to network game with custom media sources implemented
– Fixed a host crash related to client leaving a network game during match
– Fixed rare network crash during processing during early months of season
– Fixed network crash related to looking at clubs stadium info
– Fixed issue related to server occasionally coming up blank when searching for a friends network game
– Made players who have got too big for their club to more likely to ask to leave
– Made players more likely to get unhappy when decent transfer bids are rejected
– Fixed issues where players weren’t fully acknowledging the managers attempts to keep a promise made to the player
– Fixed AI managers not attempting to have conversations with their unhappy players
– Stopped players who are set to finished their career at their current club from asking to be transfer listed
– Fixed older players from asking to go on loan instead of asking to leave
– Fixed players who are promised first team football not waiting until the mid-season break is over before complaining that the promise hasn’t being kept
– Fixed the player will not be taken off the transfer list if they request to stay at the club
Transfers & Contracts
– Improved non-player targetting and interest code
– Fixed clubs going a long time without a new manager
– Fixed a caretaker manager joining another team and causing their current team to go a long time without a manager
– Fixed teams laughing off the users job application when they would offer them the job a few days later
– Fixed human being offered the same managers job a few days after they rejected the original offer
– Stopped youth international managers from taking club jobs at teams outside the region of their national team
– Toned down the wage demands of some players
– Fixed youngsters asking for excessive ‘Wage After Reaching Club Career League Games’ clauses
– Fixed user being able to accept a bid on behalf of an AI side for a 50% offer of a co-owned player
– Fixed user not being able to continue when offering contract to player whilst under embargo
– Fixed player being released the day after being signed in a secret bid co-ownership decision
– General skin tweaks & polish
– Disabled the coach chat section for players who are also non-players but don’t currently have a non-playing job at the club
– Fixed Juventus kit colours on tactics screen
– Fixed graphical glitch on attribute bar charts
– Fixed tactic familiarity bar being too affected by style & strategy changes
– Fixed user being able to cancel international friendlies when not manager
– Fixed instant continue game timeout functionality