For Honor’s mighty multiplayer will receive its first balance patch soon, and Ubisoft headed over to the well-stacked official subreddit to let players know exactly what they plan to change. They’re tweaking guard breaks for the whole cast, giving the Peacekeeper a bug-fixing buff, a small tweak to Conquerers and Berserkers and a series of buffs to the shield-’n’-spear Valkyrie.
Have a look at our For Honor PC review if you’re considering getting involved.
Ubisoft community developer Eric Pope brought the knowledge, explaining that the following changes came from listening to the community:
- Conqueror and Berserker:
- Will no longer get combo'd if their light attack is blocked.
- Second and third guardbreak stabs will now correctly apply bleed.
- Light Attacks: Decreased recovery time.
- Light Chains: Decreased time between attacks.
- Pouncing Thrust & Hunter’s Strike: Damage increased, additional link options afterwards.
- Shield Crush: Can be linked into Light Attack chains.
- Hunter’s Rush: Decreased recovery time
- Guardbreak Counter (All Heroes):
- Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be return to the previous behavior seen in the Beta.
Also mentioned is that full-health bots will no longer replace players who disconnect during a match - they will be replaced by a dead bot. This will end the round if they were the last player left, and the bot will continue to play as normal after that.
No word was given as to when this patch would be deployed, but given the announcement was made last night, chances are it’s on the way soon - expect it early next week. Looks like this is how Ubi will be broadcasting changes in the future too, so keep an eye on the subreddit in future.