Want to know where to find the Fortnite UFOs? There have been plenty of big changes to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7, but one of the most prominent additions to the battle royale game are the UFOs floating around certain parts of the map. They can pull you in with their tractor beam, blast you with their weapons, or even ram you with their boost ability.
Thankfully, we can use this alien technology for ourselves – you can pinch a UFOs and take it for a ride, or get yourself one of the four new Fortnite alien weapons? They’re known in-game as IO weapons, as it’s likely that the IO agents and aliens have conspired to create this new tech. While they can be found in chests, they’re more reliably found at higher rarities on the bodies of either IO agents or on aliens that you have shot down.
So we’ll be going over where you can find these Fortnite alien weapons, what they can do, and how to pilot your very own Fortnite UFO efficiently to give any enemy player you spot a close encounter with your very own vehicle of the extra-terrestrial kind.
How to use the Fortnite UFO
To find a UFO, look for named areas with purple highlights in the text on the map to find a few flying around. You may also find UFOs landed under bridges, inside the barn in Corny Complex, or outside the abandoned Durrr Burger close to Weeping Woods.
Once you’ve shot down and slain the alien inside, you can run up to the UFO once it’s healed with its regenerative shields and hop in for a spin. UFOs when downed will have several regeneration charges, but can eventually be destroyed. A UFO’s firepower is also limited to how much battery is left.
Here’s how to pilot the Fortnite UFO using keyboard and mouse:
- WSAD keys – move the UFO
- Mouse move – look around
- Space – ascend to the skies
- R – descend down to earth
- Hold E – exit the vehicle. Not recommended while high up
- Left mouse button – fires a slow-moving charge shot that you can fire once every few seconds. This drains battery. Cannot fire if the traction beam is on
- Right mouse button – press to activate the traction beam. Anything in its light for a few seconds will be picked up. Press the button again to deactivate
- Shift – boost a short distance. A maximum of three boost charges can be stored at once, and they regenerate over time
How to get Fortnite IO weapons
There are three ways to get your hands on the four Fortnite alien weapons:
- Opening any chest. They have a low chance to drop, however.
- Eliminating IO agents. They’re found in any of the new bases scattered around the map. Look for the big glowing satellite dishes.
- Eliminating any of the aliens after shooting down their spaceship. Head to an area with purple glowing letters to encounter them.
What are the Fortnite IO weapons?
These new Fortnite guns are extremely powerful when used right. There are four IO weapons in total, and while the way they fire is similar to other guns, they have different effects.
- Recon Scanner – pings any enemy player, chest, and ammo crate within its radius. It fires like a grenade launcher round, and each charge lasts around 15 seconds once the charge is fired. The ammo for this weapon automatically recharges, so you can use it often
- Rail Gun – hold down the aim button to charge and hold the fire button to overcharge this long-range rifle. It can be tricky to aim well with, but it shoots through walls and deals massive damage if overcharged to its maximum threshold
- Pulse Rifle – fires lasers with precision. It acts most like an infantry rifle but with a slightly lower reload time. You can also find a unique variant by eliminating Doctor Slone – one of the Fortnite NPCs for Chapter 2 Season 7
- Kymera Ray Gun – a short-medium range pistol that hits rapidly. The hits do little damage and they can overheat if the gauge reaches the maximum level. It also makes short work of enemy structures
- Plasma Cannon – a special weapon that deals low damage to characters, but demolishes any wall with ease
And that’s everything you need to know about Fortnite alien weapons and how to pilot the UFO. While you’re here, you may be interested to learn more about the Fortnite alien artifacts scattered throughout the map that can be used to purchase Fortnite Kymera styles.
In the meantime, you may also wish to know what changes to the Fortnite animals are, or any of the changes to the Fortnite crafting system.