There’s always a new update coming to Epic’s excellent battle royale game, so here’s what you need to know about the Fortnite 5.1 patch notes.
The Fortnite 5.1 patch notes usher in the latest content update, and we’ve got plenty to be excited about. Last week we enjoyed the new P90-like submachine gun, but now we have an exciting weapon returning to the fold. Now that Fortnite season 5 is well underway, we’re thoroughly enjoying these new additions that are filling out the game.
This week’s update is all about great, big explosions: we might not have the Fortnite heavy sniper this time but the guided missile launcher returns and we have a new limited time mode, Fly Explosives. Make sure you use your explosive weaponry to catch up on your Fortnite season 5 week 3 challenges, and the bonus Fortnite birthday challenges. Catch up on last week’s full Fortnite patch 5.1 details if you missed them but, for now, here’s everything we know about this week’s Fortnite 5.1 patch notes.
Guided missile – nerfed
- Epic and legendary
- Fuse duration
- Reduced from 18 to 15 seconds
- Movement speed
- Decreased from 1100 to 1000
- Reload time
- Increased from 2.2 to 2.4 seconds
- Player damage
- Reduced from 105/100 to 74/77
- Structure damage
- Reduced from 1100 to 400
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
What is Fly Explosives?
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Playground LTM – changed
- Added Jetpack, Guided Missile, and Crossbow
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team in Playground.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.