Fortnite’s celebrating its second Halloween event called Fortnitemares this week and as usual in Epic Games’ battle royale, the jubilation will be shared in the form of new challenges and rewards. Open up the game and you’ll be met by a new set of Fortnitemares challenges. Epic Games say that these challenges will refresh over the course of the Halloween event and that you’ll need to complete all of the challenges in order to unlock the free Dark Engine Glider that goes with the new Deadfire Outfit that you can pick up in the store.
The first two lists of Fortnitemares challenges mostly revolve around the new mechanics introduced with the latest patch, so expect to be dropping into Corrupted Areas, taking down Cube Monsters using specified weapon types. Fortunately, none of these challenges look too difficult, but you never know what Epic Games have in store for us with the next set of Halloween challenges.
New sets of these challenges are set to drop every couple of days, and each part will reward you with a new item, from stickers and sprays to the coveted Dark Engine Glider.
Here is how the Fortnitemares challenges appear in-game:
Here is the first set of Fortnitemares challenges:
- Destroy Cube Monsters (0/200)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters (0/5,000)
- Visit a Corrupted Area in different matches (0/7)
- Dance at different Gargoyles (0/5)
We already have a guide showing you where to dance at different Gargoyles in Fortnite, so be sure to head there if you don’t know where to drop. We also have a rundown of the major new features coming to the game as part of the Fortnitemares update. The other three challenges are pretty simple so you should have no trouble completing them – just head to the purple spots on the map to arrive at a Corrupted Area.
Here is the second set of Fortnitemares challenges:
- Destroy Cube Fiends (0/150)
- Deal damage with shotguns or SMGs to Cube Monsters (0/5,000)
- Eliminate opponents at Corrupted Areas (0/3)
- Destroy a Ghost Decoration in different Names Locations (0/7)
Do all of that and you’ll unlock the Deadfire Spray and a total of 2,000 XP to help you on your way to more Battle Pass cosmetics.
Here’s the third set of Fortnitemares challenges:
- Destroy Cube Brutes (0/25)
- Deal damage with Explosive Weapons to Cube Monsters (0/2,000)
- Deal damage in Corrupted Areas (0/7)
- Stage 1: Visit Wailing Woods (0/1)
Part three of the Fortnitemares challenges included what appeared to be a pretty generous reward for completing the staged challenge. But it turned out that the reward of 150 Battle Stars was a bug.
Here’s the fourth set of Fortnitemares challenges:
- Destroy Elite Cube Monsters (0/10)
- Damage Cube Fragments (0/2500)
- Deal damage to Cube Monsters in a single match (0/1000)
- Visit different Corrupted Areas in a single match (0/4)
- Destroy Cube Fragments (0/3)
- Complete Fortnitemares challenges (0/14)
Now that the fourth and final set of Fortnitemares challenges are live, you can finally get that cool Dark Engine glider. There are a few extra challenges this time so, if you get them all, that’s a nice little XP boost for you. Best of luck with your Fortnitemares challenges.