Want to know about the current Fortnite map for Chapter 4 Season 1? It’s the start of a new chapter, and after the apocalyptic end to the chrome-covered island during the finale event, players now find themselves on a new one made up of different land chunks from other realities.
As such, there are plenty of Fortnite map changes to keep track of during the start of Chapter 4 Season 1. The battle royale game is constantly in a state of flux, so these areas are likely to change throughout the season. We’ve put together a guide to all of the major changes you need to take into account if you’re looking to come out on top.
So, pull up a chair and grab your best map-reading glasses; here’s your handy guide to the new Fortnite map for the latest season.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 points of interest
With this revamp, the Fortnite map has completely new points of interest. We’ll go over all of them below:
- Breakwater Bay – a medieval town on the coast, it has a dock and several houses full of booty.
- The Citadel – a huge castle town, this area is well-guarded by a boss known only as The Ageless One.
- Anvil Square – a medieval town filled with shops and houses full of loot.
- Shattered Slabs – a quarry filled with loot, but also Kinetic Ore that, when hit, launches it in the direction of your last hit. More hits launch it further afield.
- Frenzy Fields – a huge farmland that has barns filled with loot.
- Faulty Splits – another town filled with loot, though the theme of this one is fragmented between retail and medieval.
- Slappy Shores – a modern dockland that also has a factory where Fortnite Slap Juice is made.
- Brutal Bastion – a castle high on a mountain filled with loot.
- Lonely Labs – a modern polar expedition with very little loot.
How to find hot spots in Fortnite
You may have seen a challenge refer to these points of interests as hot spots, but what exactly are they? Put simply, a Fortnite hot spot is any points of interest that appears on the in-game map with yellow text. Only one or two locations at a time will be hot spots, so check the map in the warmup section of each game to get some intel in advance.
When you arrive at a hot spot, look for some drones flying around. Each one contains rare rarity or higher loot, so shoot them down to collect the goodies inside. Just be careful, as shooting them will alert nearby players.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro$179.99VIEWNetwork N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
That’s everything we know about the new Fortnite map changes. For more Fortnite goodness, make sure you check out how to get free Fortnite V-bucks. While many things have changed this season, you can still tame Fortnite animals, and use Fortnite keys to unlock special chests. Be sure to keep track of all of the new Fortnite weapons as well, as the entire arsenal has changed.