Fortnite has just got a fresh new update, bringing a batch of goodies to the battle royale game’s live servers. While there are no official patch notes to check out, dataminers have done what they do best and unveiled everything new in the game. Read on to find out what’s arrived in-game for update v12.30.
One cool new item included in the update (via Fortnite Insider and Fortnite Intel) is a Crash Pad. This nifty little box is less about crashing, however, and more about catapulting yourself into the air. It’s basically a portable trampoline you chuck at the ground and jump up and down on to launch yourself into the map’s sky.
No sweat if you hit the ground after a particularly tremendous jump – you won’t take damage if you’ve jumped from a Crash Pad, and similarly, deploying one while you’re falling from a height will also save you the bruises. Crash Pads come in sets of three, according to the unofficial notes, and it’s possible the maximum stack size will be six, though this isn’t confirmed just yet.
The update also brings a new legendary item: the Kingsman Umbrella. It’s reported to be a special melee weapon that also provides players with a handy shield, depending on the situation.
The new crash pads are kinda wicked. #Fortnite #XboxShare pic.twitter.com/eov6YDjsYr
— Zyn (@zyndetta) March 31, 2020
You can spin the umbrella around to gain a boost towards your foes and then use it as a weapon against them, while also opening it up to deflect enemy fire, and even as a gilder if needed, too. Take a look below:
New kingsman umbrella #Fortnite pic.twitter.com/MtqDxEQMSG
— 🐰Astro🐰 (@AstroIoxy) March 31, 2020
In addition to the above items, there’s also a range of confirmed bugfixes added to the game, which are as follows (via the official Fortnite Trello board):
- Tournament scores are visually incorrect in Lobby and in-match.
- Unintentional Carry or Shakedown on controller.
- Spy Games: Stuck on ‘Select Tech’ screen.
- Style selections for certain Locker items not saving.
- Harpoon Gun not catching loot consistently.
- Auto Pick Up not functioning properly.
- Deadpool Plunger not visible on 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Billboard Settings do not save when copied.
- Interactive UI not functioning properly when using the Quick Menu on mobile.
Save the World
- Cosmetics may not load properly for players when joining a mission.
- Defender Eliminations do not count towards quest credit.
- Spawn rate for Love Lobbers is too high during encounters.
- Love Lobbers’ projectiles are able to damage player built structures.
- Shadows darker than expected.
- Black Bar displayed on Note 10+.