Wondering when to expect the Genshin Impact 1.3 release date? Whether you’re anticipating the arrival of adorable Genshin Impact new characters, looking forward to kitting out your squad with new Genshin Impact weapons, or simply eagerly awaiting some fun new seasonal events. You won’t have long to wait – the next Genshin Impact update is just around the corner.
Developer Mihoyo has announced that they plan to release new updates every six weeks, and we can expect two banners to become available during 1.3 – lasting for twenty days each. Fans already have a decent idea of who will be arriving in 1.3, and what the seasonal event will be, thanks to hints from beta testers. Plus, as promised, we anticipate some balance tweaks for Zhongli, and buffs to the Geo element in general. If you’re looking for a Genshin Impact Zhongli build in advance, we’ve got you covered.
As the Genshin Impact 1.3 release date draws nearer, we’ll be sure to keep on top of all the latest information from Mihoyo, and let you know when we learn more about all the new additions. However, there will be potential spoilers and information about leaks and rumours included below, so proceed with caution. Here’s when the new Genshin Impact 1.3 update will arrive:
Genshin Impact 1.3 release date
The Genshin Impact 1.3 release date is Feburary 3, 2021. The release date has been confirmed by Mihoyo in the Genshin Impact Version 1.3 “All That Glitters” trailer below. This neatly coincides with the end of the Genshin Impact Ganyu banner and start of Xiao’s banner, with exact downtime for the Genshin Impact 1.3 release time confirmed.
Genshin Impact 1.3 Lantern Rite event
To coincide with the 2021 Lunar New Year, players will participate in the ‘Lantern Rite’ event involving a Lantern Festival in Liyue and the new character Xiao. Beta testers had an opportunity to participate in a version of this event last year, so there are already clips of the event on YouTube – though there may be some changes in the live version.
More details about the event have been revealed in a developer blog post on the PlayStation website. During the event, players will complete requests from Liyue citizens in order to ‘raise the Festive Fever level’ and unlock rewards. You’ll also be able to play a tower defense strategy game, called Theater Mechanicus, and earn Peace Talismans that can be redeemed for various new items. There’s plenty more to the festivities – including a ‘chance to win a four-star Liyue character of your choice’.
Genshin Impact new character Xiao
The first banner to release with 1.3 will contain Xiao – he’s already on the official website and features in the announcement trailer above. His bio describes him as a ‘Guardian yaksha’, who appears ‘as a young man’, but that ‘occasional legends about him have been documented in ancient books’. We know that he wields a Polearm, and uses the Anemo element – so if you’re planning on pulling him, be sure to brush up on your Genshin Impact elemental reactions. Some of Xiao’s abilities have been officially announced in an official Mihoyo post. Here are all Xiao’s abilities – subject to change upon release, of course.
Genshin Impact Xiao abilities
Normal Attack: Whirlwind Thrust
- Normal Attack: Perform up to six rapid strikes
- Charged Attack: Consumes stamina to perform an upward thrust
- Plunging Attack: Xiao plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE Damage upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Lemniscatic Wind Cycling
- Performs a high-speed dash, dealing Anemo damage to enemies in his path. Can be used while airborne. Starts with two charges.
Elemental Burst: Bane of All Evil
- Dons the Yaksha’s Mask that once struck fear into gods and demons alike. For its duration, it increases Xiao’s attack range and damage, while converting his attack damage type to Anemo, and enhancing his jumping ability. Maintaining this form continuously drains Xiao’s health.
Xiao Passive Talents
- Evil Conqueror – Tamer of Demons:
Starting Bane of All Evil increases Xiao’s damage by 5%. After this, Xiao’s damage continues to increase by 5% every three seconds until the skill ends (max 25% increase).
- Dissolution Eon – Heaven Fall
When Lemniscatic Wind Cycling is used, it increases all subsequent Lemniscatic Wind Cycling’s damage by 10% for six seconds (max three stacks). Duration refreshes with new stacks.
- Transcension – Gravity Defier
Decreases all party members’ falling damage by 20%.
- Dissolution Eon – Destroyer of Worlds
Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling’s charges by one.
- Annihilation Eon – Blossom of Kaleidos
When in a party but not the currently active character, Xiao’s energy recharge is increased by 25%.
- Evil Conqueror – Wrath Deity
Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling’s skill level by three (max level is 15).
- Transcension – Extinction of Suffering
When Xiao’s health falls below 50%, he gains a 100% defense bonus.
- Evolution Eon – Origin of Ignorance
Increases Bane of All Evil’s skill level by three( max level is 15).
- Evil Conqueror – Vigilant Yaksha
During Bane of All Evil, hitting two or more enemies with a charged attack grants Lemniscatic Wind Cycling one additional charge and reduces Lemniscatic Wind Cycling’s CD by one second.
Genshin Impact Keqing banner
The second character banner after Xiao in Genshin Impact 1.3 will be Kequing, the Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing. She’s a sword-wielding Electro user, and her first Character Event Wish, the ‘Dance of Lanterns’, will become available on February 17th.
Genshin Impact 1.3 Zhongli update
Genshin Impact 1.3 will also bring some much-needed buffs to Geo character Zhongli, focusing on improving his performance as a support character, buffing his Geo Resonance effects, and his compatibility with non-Geo parties. The current modifications to his skills are as follows, according to an official Genshin Impact blog post:
Elemental Skill: Dominus Lapidis
Causes nearby Geo energy to explode, causing the following effects:
- If the maximum number of Stone Steles has not yet been reached, it will create a Stone Stele.
- Creates a shield of jade. The shield’s damage Absorption scales based on Zhongli’s max health, and has 150% Physical damage and elemental damage absorption.
- When a character is protected by the Jade Shield, opponents within a set radius have all elemental RES and physical RES decreased by 20%. Effect cannot be stacked.
- Deals AoE Geo damage.
- If there are nearby targets with the Geo element, it will drain a large amount of the Geo element from a maximum of 2 such targets. This effect does not cause damage.
Passive Talent: Dominance of Earth
The damage dealt by the following of Zhongli’s attacks will be increased based on his max health:
- Normal, charged and plunging attack damage will be increased by 1.39% of max health.
- The Stone Stele, Resonance and Holding Mode damage of Dominus Lapidis will be increased by 1.9% of max health.
- Planet Befall’s damage will be increased by 33% of Zhongli’s max health.
Genshin Impact 1.3 patch notes
As well as buffing Zhongli, the Genshin Impact 1.3 patch will also improve the Geo elemental mechanics in general. The current buffs on the 1.3 beta server are as follows:
Geo Resonance “Enduring Rock”
Increases shield strength by 15%. Additionally, characters protected by a shield will have the following special characteristics: damage dealt increased by 15%, dealing damage to enemies will decrease their Geo resistance by 20% for 15 seconds.
Geo Shields are adjusted from “having 250% Geo damage absorption” to “having 150% physical damage and elemental damage absorption”.
Adjusted effects include:
- The Geo Shield created by Zhongli’s elemental skill
- The Geo Shield created by Noelle’s elemental skill
- The Geo Shield created when picking up Geo Crystals dropped by Geovishap Hatchlings
In addition to these changes, in a Developers Discussion blog post, Mihoyo announced that some of the improvements coming in 1.3 include a new material conversion function, and the ability to hold down a button to increase the amount of weapon materials consumed. The battle pass will be adjusted to have ‘additional Fragile Resin rewards’ – and upcoming large-scale events (that don’t involve Ley Line Outcrops or Domains) will not consume Original Resin.
That’s all we know about the Genshin Impact 1.3 update for now – we’ll be sure to keep you updated with the latest news. If you’re looking for more Genshin Impact guides, we can help you increase your Genshin Impact Adventure Rank fast, choose the best Genshin Impact artifacts, or find the best Genshin Impact characters for beginners.