The Genshin Impact 2.3 livestream has officially revealed two new Genshin Impact characters coming to the game later this month: Arataki Itto and Gorou. Arataki Itto is the boss of the Arataki Gang, if the name wasn’t a wee bit of a tease – he’s “an intrepid man with Oni blood running through his veins” who is “fast as the wind and mighty as thunder”.
We already know a fair bit about Gorou thanks to the devs sharing information about the four star Canine warrior on Twitter. Gorou’s playstyle matches a support character, whereas Itto’s abilities force him into the DPS category. Though Itto likes to think of himself as a bigshot gang leader, the Tenryou Commissions officials consider him to be currently unemployed. Itto isn’t a gang leader in the traditional sense, as people around Inazuma have heard rumours about him playing cards against school kids to win their snacks as prizes.
As a claymore and Geo element user, Itto has the potential to steal a spot in many parties if his abilities turn out to be powerful. Here’s everything we know about his release date and abilities.
Genshin Impact Itto banner release date
The Itto release date is December 14, 2021. Arataki Itto is going to be available in the Genshin Impact 2.3 update, though he won’t be on the first event banner. Players have to wait until the next Genshin Impact banner where Itto, along with Gorou, appear in Oni’s Royale.
To prepare for Itto’s arrival, take a look at our guide to the best Itto build.
Arataki Itto ‧ Hanamizaka Heroics
The First and Greatest Head of the Arataki Gang
— Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact) October 11, 2021
Genshin Impact Itto abilities
Itto’s abilities have been revealed on the Genshin Impact 2.3 livestream, though specific details have yet to be revealed just yet.
Normal attack: Fight Club Legend
- Normal attack: Perform up to four consecutive strikes, when the second and fourth attack hits opponents, Itto gains two stacks of Superlative Superstrength. Itto’s normal attack combo won’t reset after a short time after using his elemental skill, allowing you to constantly swing his claymore. Max five stacks. This effects refreshes the duration of existing stacks.
- Charged attack: Hold for a charge attack and use Arataki Kesagiri slashes without using stamina. Each slash consumes one stack of Superlative Superstrength. When the final stack is consumed, Itto releases a powerful attack.
- Plunging attack: A mid-air strike to the ground that damages opponents along the path and deals AoE damage on impact.
Elemental skill: BLOODLINE OF THE CRIMSON ONI
Throws Ushi, a young Akaushi bull, to deal Geo damage. When Ushi hits opponents, it grants Itto one stack of Superlative Superstrength. As a Geo construct, Ushi continues to provide support by taunting opponents and inherits health based on the percentage of Itto’s max HP. When Ushi is attacked, it provides Itto with a stack of one Superlative Superstrength, which can be gained once every two seconds. Ushi flees when its HP reaches 0 or the duration ends, granting Itto one stack of Superlative Superstrength.
Hold: Adjust the throwing angle. Only one Ushi can be on the field at any time.
Elemental Burst: Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil!
Itto releases his inner Raging Oni King in battle which has the following special properties:
- Normal, charged, and plunging attacks are converted to Geo damage.
- Itto’s attack increases based on his defence, his attack speed also increases.
- The first and third combos of his normal attack grant Itto one stack of Superlative Superstrength when it hits opponents.
- Itto’s elemental and physical resistance drops in Raging Oni King state, but his attack stats increase based on his defence, and his normal attack receives a speed increase
- The state clears when Itto leaves the battlefield.
Itto passive talents
- Arataki Ichiban: When Itto uses Arataki Kesagiri, each slash causes the subsequent slash to have 10% more attack speed (max 30%).
- Bloodline of the Crimson Oni: Arataki Kesagiri damage increases by 35% of Itto’s defence.
- Woodchuck Chucked: When a party member uses attacks to obtain wood, they have a 25% chance to get an additional log of wood.
- Warrior’s Burden: For a short time after using Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst! or performing a spring, Itto’s normal attack does not reset.
- Stay a While and Listen Up: Using Itto’s elemental burst gives Itto a buff to Superlative Superstrength – grants Itto two stacks and for the first second, one stack is added a total of three times.
- Gather ‘Round, It’s a Brawl!: Using Itto’s elemental decreases Geo party members’ skill critical damage by 90 seconds and restore six energy to Itto – a max of six critical damage, and 24 energy.
- Horns Lowered, Coming Through: Increases the level of Itto’s elemental skill by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Jailhouse Bread and Butter: While in the Raging Oni King state, Itto has 25% higher critical rate against opponents with equal or lower HP percentage than him.
- 10 Years of Hanamizaka Fame: Increases Itto’s elemental burst by three (maximum upgrade is 15).
- Arataki Itto, Present!: Itto’s charged attacks deal 50% increased critical damage. When using Arataki Kesagiri, he has a 50% chance to not consume stacks of Superlative Superstrength.
If you’re looking for more of the best Genshin Impact characters to add to your squad ahead of time, you can follow that link.