The Genshin Impact Mimi Tomo event is now live until June 6 and brings with it some unusual quests, plus a chance to earn plenty of primogems and more. Mimi Tomo shines the spotlight on Ella Musk, the Hilichurl specialist, and lets you get to know the oft-encountered enemies in a new light.
Once you put the work in, that is. The Genshin Impact Mimi Tomo event involves a good deal of running around after Hilichurls and completing quests for them, all to find and defeat the Unusual Hilichurl over the course of a week. It’s all worth the trouble, though, since you’ll unlock a swanky new set of blueprints. After completing the entire Mimi Tomo event, you’ll also unlock the second part of the event, the Genshin Impact Lost Hilichurl quest from Katheryne at the Mondstadt Adventurer’s Guild. It runs from June 6 to June 8, though Mihoyo has shared few details about it as yet.
We’ll update you once that changes, but for now, here’s everything you need to know about the Mimi Tomo event.
Genshin Impact Mimi Tomo Release Date
Mimi Tomo is available until June 6 at 3:59am Genshin Impact Server Time. The Lost Hilichurl quest begins immediately afterward, June 6 at 4am Server Time, and it’s available only until June 8 at 3:59am Server Time.
Mimi Tomo day 1
- The first hilichurl is to the northwest of Thousand Winds Temple. They want ‘mita movo lata’ which means fish.
- The second hilichurl is east of Luhua Pool.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is southeast of Windrise, at late night – 24:00 to 06:00.
Mimi Tomo day 2
- The first hilichurl is northeast of Jueyun Karst.
- The second hilichurl is to the southwest of Dadaupa Gorge.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is northeast of Liyue Harbor, from lunch until sunset – 12:00 to 18:00.
Mimi Tomo day 3
- The first hilichurl is southwest of the Stormbearer Mountains.
- The second hilichurl is in Mingyun Village. They want ‘celi lata’ – something that is both cold and hot, namely, fireflies. Give them a Luminescent Spine.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is on the north side of the Stormbearer Mountain, at late night – 24:00 to 06:00.
Mimi Tomo day 4
- The first hilichurl is in Qingce Village. They are looking for ‘Gusha celi boya’ which means red fruit or vegetable, like chili.
- The second hilichurl is to the north of Wolvendom. They want ‘lata boya sada’ – something blue and solid.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is northeast of the Stone Gate, from lunch until sunset – 12:00 to 18:00.
Mimi Tomo day 5
- The first hilichurl is to the north of the Dawn Winery.
- The second hilichurl is on the northeast side of Mt. Aozang. They want ‘Kucha Gusha’, which means a seed.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is in the Tianqiu Valley from 18:00 to 24:00, sunset until late night.
Mimi Tomo day 6
- The first hilichurl is to the north of Cape Oath, and requests ‘Upano’, which means something that flies, like butterfly wings.
- The second hilichurl is south of Tianqiu Valley.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is to the northeast of Cape Oath from lunch until sunset – 12:00 to 18:00.
Mimi Tomo day 7
- The first hilichurl is to the northwest of Cuijue Slope, and requests ‘Gusha unu boya’, which is a yellow fruit or vegetable, like a mushroom or wheat.
- The second hilichurl is southeast of the Dawn Winery, and tasks you with defeating three Fatui Skirmisher, a Fatui Electro Cicin Mage, and a Fatui Pyro Agent.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is at Cuijue Slope from 06:00 to 11:59 – morning to lunch.
Genshin Impact Mimi Tomo Gameplay Details
The Mimi Tomo event requires an Adventure Rank of 20 or higher. Assuming you meet that requirement, speak with Katheryne in Mondstadt to begin the quest. Follow the navigation prompt to find and save Ella Musk, then open the event menu.
Choose ‘Go To Investigate,’ and navigate to the area. With Ella in tow, search the quest area for a friendly Hilichurl or two. These are easy to identify as they’re alone and have no level or health bar above them.
They’ll have quests for you, but, you’ll need to consult the Handy Handbook of Hilichurlian to understand what the Hilichurls want. After the event starts, the Handbook lives in the quest tab of your inventory, or you can access it directly from the conversation with the friendly Hilichurl.
Most requests revolve around determining what item the Hilichurl wants. Fortunately, the handbook only has a few phrases. It’s just a matter of finding the key phrase, usually highlighted in blue, and then finding the corresponding item, such as fish, meat, or fowl. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to handle a group of enemies as well. The enemies in these requests typically come in waves of four at a time. Be sure to prepare accordingly and have a balanced team at the ready.
Free primogems? Check out the latest Genshin Impact codes
Once you’ve figured out what the Hilichurl demand is and completed it, you’ll have to play Hili-lock Holmes once again. The grateful ‘churls give you a clue about the Unusual Hilichurl location, specifically, what time of day it appears and roughly where. The Unusual Hilichurl location is seemingly random, though, as with Genshin’s other quests, the game marks the area on your map.
Genshin Impact Unusual Hilichurl
Travel there and, if need be, adjust the time from the game menu before scouting out the Unusual Hilichurl. Defeat the Unusual Hilichurl to claim that day’s rewards, but make sure you’re prepared for a boss-level fight. The Unusual Hilichurl is around level 28 and soaks up plenty of damage before the fight ends. It also calls other Hilichurl types. We recommend bringing your best DPS Genshin Impact characters to make the fight short, and have a healer on hand as well.
The best and worst characters: With our Genshin Impact tier list
You’ll have to wait until the server refresh time to start the next Mimi Tomo event quest. Since the event runs for ten days, you’ve got a small buffer in case you miss a day or two.
Genshin Impact Mimi Tomo Rewards
The Mimi Tomo event rewards include the usual quest and primogem rewards — perfect if you’re trying to get Genshin Impact’s Eula on your team — though the main draw is a new set of blueprints.
Here are all the Mimi Tomo rewards:
- Embroidered Lantern: Lofty Grandeur
- Embroidered Curtains
- Floral Screen: Jade and Gold
- Thundering Heavens Drum
- Lantern-Lit Stage: Crescendo
- Silk Curtains: Fetching the Sanguine Sky
- Tasseled Lanterns: Deck the Streets
- Hero’s Wit
Genshin Impact Lost Hilichurl Quest
We don’t know too much about the Lost Hilichurl quest yet, though we do know you need to complete the entire Mimi Tomo event for it to unlock. Once June 6 rolls around, speak to Katheryne in Mondstadt again and follow the quest to its end.