Want to know more about the Genshin Impact Yanfei banner? Yanfei is a four-star Pyro Catalyst user that is coming in the Genshin Impact 1.5 update, and it’s highly likely that her banner won’t appear for quite some time. It largely depends on if she is the first of the two upcoming Genshin Impact characters to be released, or if that honour goes to Eula. That doesn’t mean you can’t prepare in advance though.
So who is Yanfei? Well, she passed the bar exam and is currently a practicing legal adviser in Liyue Harbour. She’s also half-human, half-illuminated beast, and she has access to many magical Pyro-based attacks to decimate her foes.
Yanfei’s profession plays a large role in the way her attacks work. During each one of her attacks, Yanfei gains Scarlet Seals which decrease her stamina consumption. These seals look similar to the ones you may use to sign a contract – as you can tell, Yanfei really loves her job. Here’s how to make the best Yanfei build in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Yanfei abilities
Normal attack – Seal of Approval
- Normal attack: Yan Fei shoots fireballs that deal up to three hits of Pyro damage. When Yanfei’s fireballs hit enemies, they grant her a Scarlet Seal (up to a maximum of three), and every Scarlet Seal held decreases Yanfei’s stamina consumption. Each time this effect is triggered, the duration of any Scarlet Seals currently held is refreshed, and the seals will disappear when she leaves the battlefield.
- Charged attack: Deals AoE Pyro damage to opponents after a short casting time. This attack consumes stamina and all of the currently held Scarlet Seals, and every seal consumed increases the charged attack’s AoE range and damage dealt to enemies.
- Plunging attack: Yanfei plunges to the ground from mid-air, damaging enemies in her path and dealing AoE Pyro damage upon landing.
Elemental skill – Signed Edict
Summons flames that deal AoE Pyro damage to nearby enemies. Any opponent hit by the flames grants Yanfei the maximum number of Scarlet Seals.
Elemental burst – Done Deal
When used, this burst summons a spray of flames to rush any nearby opponents. These deal AoE Pyro damage and grants her the maximum number of Scarlet Seals, as well as the Brilliance buff. Brilliance gives Yanfei the following bonuses:
- Gives Yanfei a Scarlet Seal every few seconds
Increases the damage dealt by her charged attack
- This effect lasts until Yanfei is swapped out for another character, or falls in battle.
- The Law Knows No Kindness: When Yanfei uses her charged attack, each held Scarlet Seal reduces an additional 10% stamina cost for the charged attack, and increases the resistance against interruption during its release.
- Right of Final Interpretation: Increases the critical hit rate for Yanfei’s charged attack by 20% against foes with health under 50%.
- Samadhi Fire-Forged: Increases level of Signed Edict by three (to a maximum of 15)
- Supreme Amnesty: When Done Deal is used, it creates a shield that absorbs up to 75% of her maximum HP for 15 seconds. It absorbs Pyro damage 250% more effectively.
- Abiding Affidavit: Increases level of Done Deal by three (to a maximum of 15)
- Extra Clause: Increases the maximum number of Scarlet Seals that can be held by one.
Yanfei passive talents
- Encyclopaedic Expertise: Displays the location of nearby resources unique to the Liyue region on the mini-map.
- Proviso: When Yanfei consumes a Scarlet Seal by using a charged attack, increase Yanfei’s Pyro damage bonus by 5% for six seconds. If this effect is triggered again while the previously triggered Proviso damage bonus is in effect, the new Proviso damage bonus effect will replace the active Proviso damage bonus.
- Blazing Eye: When Yanfei’s charged attack deals a critical hit, she will deal additional AoE Pyro damage equal to 80% of her attack, which counts as charged attack damage.