We got our first look at Hawken’s Reaper nary a week ago, yet here it is stood at the front door with its slug rifle poking through the downstairs bathroom window. Well, if we’re going to be so forward about this, we may as well write a list of all the things this young mech has going for it. Let’s run through them together after the break.
The Reaper is a light, mid-range sniper, cobbled together from the latest additions to Hawken’s Garage. Those include three new weapons and Precision Overdrive, a unique ability which increases briefly increases accuracy.
Also new in the update are a few customisation camos, to “hide the scorch marks from previous missions. Read the full patch notes below.
- Primary Weapon: AM-SAR
- Alternate Primary Weapon: Hawkins-RPR
- Secondary Weapon: KE-Sabot
- Prestige Weapon: Slug Rifle
- Ability: Precision Overdrive
- Starting Item: Detonator
- The new AM-SAR is a potent anti-materiel weapon. This rapid-fire, single-shot rifle combines high accuracy with speedy reload times. Successive shots will decrease your accuracy, but recovery time is very quick.
- The KE-Sabot is a new mid-range sniper rifle with zoom optics. Press the middle mouse button to zoom in on your enemies from afar. Zoom increases damage as well as precision.
- Nicknamed “The Ripper”, the Hawkins-RPR fuses together two sawed-off cannons that are highly-modified to produce rapid fire, close-range carnage. The Ripper is brand new and only available on the Reaper as a free level four unlock.
- The Slug Rifle, retrofitted from the Sharpshooter, is highly-accurate at long range, and makes a great complement to the KE-Sabot for pure sniping missions. It is available on the Reaper as a level 25 unlock.
Ability and Item Specs
- Precision Overdrive greatly increases your accuracy for a short period of time.
- The Detonator comes standard on the Reaper, giving this light sniper a little extra oomph from afar or even when caught out in the open. Deploy this slow-moving explosive charge and it will fly straight and true until detonated. Simply press the firing mechanism again to detonate and deal damage in a massive radius.
What now, then? Are we going to send the Reaper packing? Or invite it in for a coffee and, if it plays its cards right, an oiling?