Update, October 9: Junkrat is now live in the PTR, as are details on all his traits.
The PTR servers are back live following the update, and we’ve got all Junkrat’s talents listed out for your convenience.
Wondering how chests work in the Nexus? Here’s our guide to Heroes of the Storm loot boxes.
- Level 1
- [Q] Put Some English On It
- Increase Frag Launcher’s travel distance by 50%, but does not increase its speed.
- [Q] Extra-Wound Timers
- Frag Launcher grenades last longer.
- [Q] Bouncy Bouncy
- Upon colliding with terrain for the first time, Frag Launcher grenades deal 20% more damage.
- Level 4
- [Q] Taste For Explosions
- Quest: Hitting a Hero with Frag Launcher increases its damage by 0.75, up to 150.
- [W] Bonzer Hits
- Quest: Hit enemy Heroes 12 times with Concussion Mine.
- Reward: Concussion Mine deals 30% more damage and knocks enemies back 30% farther.
- [E] Gotta Trap ‘Em All!
- Quest: Hit 8 Heroes with Steel Trap.
- Reward: Reduce Steel Trap’s cooldown by 3 Seconds and increase the maximum number of active traps to 3.
- Level 7
- [Q] Tricky Shuffles
- While Frag Launcher has no charges left, gain 15% Movement Speed.
- [E] Big As
- Increase Steel Trap’s radius and damage by 50%.
- [E] Sticky Wicket
- Steel Trap no longer Roots Enemies, and instead Slows them by 90% for 3 seconds.
- Level 10
- [Heroic (R)] RIP-Tire
- Cooldown: 80 seconds
- Create a motorized bomb with with 500 Health that lasts 15 seconds. While active, Junkrat is immobile but gains control of RIP-Tire’s movement. RIP-Tire Can be reactivated to detonate immediately, knocking nearby enemies back and dealing 450, 600, or 750 damage to enemies depending on how close they are to the center of the blast (with the highest amount near the center).
- [Heroic (R)] Rocket Ride
- Cooldown: 100 seconds
- After 1.25 seconds, Junkrat launches into the air. While in the air, he can steer the landing location by moving. After 3.5 seconds, Junkrat lands, dealing 780 damage to nearby enemies and activating Total Mayhem.5 seconds after landing, Junkrat reappears at the Altar and gains 150% additional Movement Speed until dismounted.
- Level 13
- [W] Ripper Air
- Junkrat is knocked back 50% farther by Concussion Mine. Additionally, Concussion Mine’s cooldown is reduced by 12 seconds if only Junkrat is hit.
- [W] Bogged Down
- Enemies launched by Concussion Mine are Slowed by 60% for 2 seconds upon landing.
- [E] Chattering Teeth
- Steel Traps will slowly chase nearby enemy Heroes.
- Level 16
- [Q] Burst Fire
- Frag launcher fires all of its charges in a continuous burst, its cooldown is reduced by 6 seconds, but it loses 1 maximum charge.
- [Q] Endless Nodes
- Hitting an enemy Hero with Frag Launcher reduces its cooldown by 1.5 seconds.
- [Active] Spread Volley
- Cooldown: 30 seconds
- Activate to make Frag Launcher fire 2 additional grenades in a spread. Works for up to 4 total charges, or until Frag Launcher runs out of charges.
- Level 20
- [Heroic (R)] Extra Oomph
- Increase RIP-Tire’s knockback distance by 50%, and its cooldown is reduced by 20 sends for each enemy Hero hit.
- [Heroic (R)] Puckish Scamp
- Reduce Rocket Ride cooldown.
- [Q] Cannonball!
- Increase the radius and explosion radius of grenades from Basic Attacks and Frag Launcher by 50%.
- [W] BOOM POW
- Hitting an enemy Hero with Concussion Mine reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds.
Update, October 9:Junkrat is hitting the PTR, and lots of details on his abilities are now available.
The latest PTR update has hit Heroes of the Storm, and with them we now know what to expect from the debut of Overwatch’s explosion-obsessed Australian, Junkrat. Blizzard have provided a full breakdown of what to expect from him in-game.
- Total Mayhem
- Upon dying, drop 5 grenades that explode after 0.75 seconds, each dealing 250 damage to nearby enemies.
- Basic Abilities
- Frag Launcher (Q)
- Launch a grenade that explodes at the end of its path or upon hitting an enemy, dealing 117 damage to nearby enemies. Grenades can ricochet off of terrain. Deals 50% less damage to Structures. Stores up to 4 charges. Frag Launcher’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- Concussion Mine (W)
- Place a mine on the ground. Junkrat’s Trait can be activated to detonate the mine, dealing 180 damage to nearby enemies and knocking them back. Junkrat can also be affected by Concussion Mine, but takes no damage. Limit 1 active mine.
- Steel Trap (E)
- Place a trap on the ground that arms after 2 seconds. Deals 130 damage to the first enemy that walks over it and Roots them for 2 seconds. Limit 1 active trap.
- Heroic Abilities
- RIP-Tire (R)
- Create a motorized bomb with 500 Health that lasts 15 seconds. While active, Junkrat is immobile but gains control of RIP-Tire’s movement. RIP-Tire can be reactivated to detonate immediately, knocking nearby enemies back, and dealing 750 damage to enemies in the center of the blast, and 450 damage to enemies outside of the center.
- Rocket Ride (R)
- After 1.25 seconds, Junkrat launches into the air. While in the air, he can steer the landing location by moving. After 3.5 seconds, Junkrat lands, dealing 780 damage to nearby enemies and activating Total Mayhem. 5 seconds after landing, Junkrat reappears at the Altar and gains 150% additional Movement Speed until dismounted.
You can check out the full patch notes here. The update includes changes to the ranked Battlegrounds rotation, some user interface tweaks, and the return of previous Hallow’s End seasonal items. There are also a big set of hero changes, with a particularly giant array of tweaks coming for Zul’jin and Muradin.
Original Story, October 9:The latest ‘in development’ video for Blizzard’s MOBA, Heroes of the Storm, shows off Junkrat and a number of spooky Halloween skins, sprays, mounts and more.
Heroes of the Storm players are advised to make the most of the next couple of weeks before Junkrat arrives to annoy you as much as he does Overwatch players. He’ll be an assassin.
Besides Junkrat’s alternate skins, the video showcases Halloween skins for many of the Nexus’s other residents, one of which – for Greymane – is delightfully named Doctor Wolf and Stein. There are also new sprays, character portraits, and mounts – including a horse who likes to dress up as a ghost.