Heroes of the Storm has regular weekly ‘brawl’ events, and the latest has got a seasonal theme. Called Snow Brawl, you’ll chuck one of two varieties of snowball at your opponents as you battle to their core, which – as ever – you must destroy to win the game. The brawl is live now, and full rules and rewards are laid out below.
Prefer to take your leisure with company? Pick a game from our list of the best multiplayer games on PC.
Here are the Snow Brawl rules, as laid out over onBattle.net.
- Pick from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Cursed Hollow. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose!
- Two types of Snowball items will appear on the ground throughout the match
- Fluffy Snowball
- A speedy snowball that hits a single enemy Hero in a line skill-shot while ignoring Minions and Structures
- Knocks targets back and deals significant damage
- Heavy Snowball
- An area-targeted explosion of snow that deals extra damage to non-Heroic targets
- Adds a 60% slow to all damaged targets that decays over 2 seconds
- Throw Snowball ability will appear next to your ability bar when you are holding a Snowball (Default Hotkey: F)
- Heroes can walk over Snowballs to pick them up and can only hold one Snowball at a time
- When the first tribute phase arrives, two tributes will initially spawn together – one five seconds after the other.
- When a player picks up a tribute, a new one will spawn somewhere else after a 5 second delay, meaning there will generally be two tributes alive.
- This type of “rolling” tribute spawning continues until either team is cursed.
- Tributes do not spawn during a curse or for 60 seconds after a curse.
- The event will never spawn enough tributes to allow both teams to get cursed at the same time.
Destroy the enemy team’s Core to win the match!
If you complete three matches of Snow Brawl, you’ll earn 1,000 gold and the following (pretty cool) portrait.
Blizzard just unveiled the latest Hero of the Storm, the troll warlord Zul’jin.