That’s Hitman taking off again, this time it’s Thailand-bound, with Episode 4: Bangkok sending you after a murderous pop star and his lawyer. Turns out you’re more than just disgruntled at his musical stylings, he did actually (probably) kill someone, and their family wants revenge. As usual, a new area means more than just one story mission for Hitman, with loads of new challenges and a series of tweaks to the game as a whole.
More interested in the Elusive Targets? Here’s Joel’s Hitman Let’s Play.
The full list of what’s new in Bangkok:
- New Story mission: Club 27
- 8 new Opportunities for “Club 27”
- 20 levels of Bangkok Mastery, with the following unlocks:
- 8 new Bangkok Starting Locations
- 9 new Bangkok Agency Pickup Locations
- 6 new weapon/gear unlocks
- New suit for Bangkok: Casual Suit
- 65+ Bangkok-specific challenges
- 7 new trophies/achievements
So that should keep you going until Deus Ex is out, anyway. Square Enix are about to have a very good month, we think. There will also be new contracts and targets from the Live Content program set in Bangkok – expect an elusive target before long.
Io Interactive have also made it easier to look for player-created contracts with a lookup feature, and have added a detailed weapon view mode to make it easier to see what each is capable of. They’ve also “overhauled” pop-up messages to be more consistent and give better information.
See the full list of bug fixes and improvements over on the official site.