Four years after releasing on the - it pains me to say its name - Xbox, Castle Crashers is to launch on Steam. The tale of four angered knights, seeking their four kidnapped princesses, has been lacking from our fair platform for too long. The Behemoth recognise their oversight and atone through rhyme.
A Poem by Dan Paladin:
While BattleBlock has been churning,
there's another wheel turning!
And that wheel is Castle Crashers running on Steam!
It was accomplished by utilizing one of our programming teams!
We always liked this platform so it's kind of a dream!
I'd say a release date but the future's unknown.
If I make a mistake I shall never atone.
If you're in Germany this weekend please say hi to John.
He is at Gamescom.
So, as the bard says, no release date yet. But as, at this very minute, The Behemoth have Castle Crashersrunning at Steam’s Gamescom booth (and Valve said they weren’t announcing any new games, those tricksy devils) it could be taken as a sign that it won’t be too long till we see it on our very own screens.
Castle Crashers had you and up to three of your friends partaking in simple, bloody combat, fighting hordes of enemies and bosses until you rescued your princess. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think it looked exactly like this:
It’s coming loaded with new features too. I shall list them in the time honoured manner, punctuating each with a bullet hole:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.