Hurling cards at monsters in aid of destroying menhirs and whatever else might be standing in front of them is better with friends – or at least, that’s the thinking. That’s why Mojang have dedicated much of their recent Scrolls tinkering to implementing a functional Friends list.
“Befriend and be merry,” they write.
This latest patch is called 0.103.0, which sounds terribly young. As with all things Mojang, Scrolls will be in beta for a good while yet. That said, it now features a number of new Scrolls, bug fixes, and that Friends list – but not Decay, a long-awaited card resource the developers promise will be introduced in short order.
The Friends list includes a ‘Find’ function, the welcome ability to ‘Ignore’ other users, and something called ‘Whispers’ – something I can only speculate players will use to exchange tactical advice under their breath during matches.
Several chat commands have also been added. Type ‘/help’ in-game to find them.
You’ll see a full changelog below. Are you an early adopter of Mojang’s follow-up to Minecraft? If so, how’ve you found it?
- New: Solemn Giant (Energy). Creature, 8/6/4, cost 4. Solemn Giant does not count down. Pay 2 Energy to decrease Countdown by 2. This ability can be used any number of times per turn.
- New: Wings Shield (Order). Creature, 2/2/3, cost 3. Wings Shield has Armor X, where X is the number of units behind it (combat damage dealt to Wings Shield is decreased by X).
- New:Metal Wonder (Energy). Structure, 0/-/4, cost: 4. When your opponent plays a Spell or Enchantment, Metal Wonder deals 2 damage to a random idol under their control.
- New:Crone (Growth). Creature, 0/3/2, cost 3. When Crone is destroyed in melee combat, the attacking unit is destroyed.
- New:Rat King (Growth). Spell, cost 4. Summons a Beast Rat on target tile and two adjacent random tiles.
- New: Sister of the Bear (Growth). Creature, 4/2/4, cost 4.
- New:Storm Runner (Energy). Creature, 2/2/3, cost 3. Lobber.
- New: Redeploy (Order). Spell, cost 3. All your units on target row switch places with all your units on another target row.
- New: Wings Soldier (Order). Creature, 3/2/2, cost 2.
- Deck builder now displays scroll pile sizes larger than 9.
- Card lists now have a filter text field. It works like the deck builder search.
- Removed Herobrine.
- The twitter feed is now functional again.
- Chat scroll behaviour has been improved.
- Fixing wording on a number of scrolls to match their effect.
- Fixed bug concerning Wildling and spells that move units.(SC-173)
- Fixed bug where Flip activated Mangy Wolf’s ability and reset Haste in trials. (SC-199)
- Fixed bug where Transposition triggered Divine Mark. (SC-311)
- Fixed game hangs when summoning units. (SC-8)