PCGamesN is looking for a hardware writer to assist with the day-to-day running of the techie side of the business. And we don’t mean tech support, though that might not stop people asking you for help.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for PC gaming and the tech that powers it. You’ll need to back up that passion with the ability to write clearly and concisely about it. You’ll need to test, benchmark, and push the latest tech to its limits, then write accurate reviews and interesting, informative features based on your findings.
You’ll probably break things, but that’s okay too… We’ll help grow your hardware knowledge so you can find the most relevant industry happenings to react quickly and write engaging news content too.
You’ll have an understanding of online publishing and SEO best practises as well as an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work to deadlines. Working in the hardware team, you will help ensure PCGamesN’s tech coverage is the best around.
In addition to being an entertaining, accessible, and informative writer, you will also need to be comfortable appearing on camera in our hardware videos too. Don’t worry, it’s not as scary as it might sound.
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: February 22, 2019
- Testing the latest PC gaming hardware accurately and reliably
- Writing review and feature-based content using our standard testing methodology
- Scripting and presenting video content
- Selecting and creating engaging hardware news coverage
- Attending industry events, representing PCGamesN
- Interviewing industry figures
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
- Playing with new toys every day
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent writing ability
- An interest in PC gaming hardware
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to cope with multiple deadlines and a fast-moving workload
- Hands-on experience of getting inside a PC
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- CMS familiarity
- On-camera experience
To apply please send your CV, covering letter, and writing samples to [email protected], using the subject line: ‘Hardware Writer Application‘. We look forward to hearing from you.