Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: 14th April
PCGamesN are looking for a production editor to assist in the smooth running of the website and associated channels.
We require someone who can sub-edit incoming copy to ensure that all published work is consistent in tone and of the required quality. You’ll need to be a fast, accurate copy editor who is able to handle a large quantity of incoming words, across a variety of formats, and make them the best they can be.
You’ll have sufficient gaming expertise to allow you deal with articles covering triple-A blockbusters, obscure indies, and everything in between, and you’ll recognise a misused piece of MOBA terminology when you see one.
In addition to copy editing, you’ll be responsible for sending out freelance commissions as outlined by the editorial team, and communicating with writers to make sure that work is delivered on deadline and to task.
- Editing incoming copy, both internal and freelance, for publication. This will include: features, news stories, social media posts, video scripts and more
- Ensuring that all published work adheres to the correct tone, the site Style Guide, and is a good as it can possibly be
- Sending out freelance commission documentation and accepting/chasing incoming submissions
- Providing feedback to all writers to ensure standards are being maintained or improved
- Expanding and improving the pool of PCGN freelancers
- Assisting with commercial briefs and overseeing content created for these
Required skills and experience
- 1+ years working as a Production Editor for a major media publication (online or print), ideally in gaming
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, and manage multiple ongoing tasks and projects
- Interpersonal skills to help develop writers and provide constructive feedback
- An in-depth knowledge of and interest in gaming (and a Steam account that reflects this)
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with commissioning freelance work
- CMS familiarity
- Knowledge of SEO best practises and the ability to optimise copy for search
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to work at PCGamesN and what you think makes you the ideal candidate, to [email protected]