That's right, it's the news that literally everyone's been waiting for: we're looking for the next victim member of our editorial team. As the site continues to grow, so does the amount of work we all have. And that just won't do. So we're looking for a Staff Writer to help us spread the load.
Working under the Deputy Editor and Editor-in-chief, we want you to write news, features, reviews and more for PCGamesN.com, as well as contributing to our YouTube channel.
Primarily you’ll have to be a great writer, and passionate and knowledgeable about PC games, but you’ll also have to work quickly, be organised and motivated, and looking to learn and improve.
You’ll be based in our Bath, UK office, and no you won’t get to play PC games all day (but you will a bit).
- News, feature and review writing
- Conducting interviews
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
- Representing PCGamesN at events
- YouTube scripting, gameplay capture and presenting
- CMS work, transcription, and lots of other fun things
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, that kind of thing
- Proactivity, attention to detail and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
- If you haven’t got a Steam account, you should probably forget it
Desirable skills and experience:
- Published work somewhere or other, ideally online
- Basic image and/or video editing skills
- Previous work on a magazine or website, your own blog, or you’re an insanely busy commenter
To apply please e-mail a CV and covering letter to editor-in-chief Joel Gregory ([email protected]), with the subject line "Staff Writer application". We'd also like to see previous examples of your written work.
Applications close Friday 12th August. Good luck!