Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: 8th June, 2018
Network N are looking for a Staff Writer to join their flagship website, PCGamesN. You will be part of a dynamic, rapidly-growing media team based in Bath.
You’ll be able to turn out exceptional copy to tight deadlines, turn your hand to various styles of writing – including news, features, guides, and scripts – you will have at least some experience working in a busy office environment, and you will have no qualms about using Oxford commas.
You’ll be passionate about videogames and the videogame industry, and you’ll have plenty to say about both – whether that’s in a rapidly-produced op-ed in response to an event that day, or an in-depth, well-researched feature. This role will offer you the chance to join a talented, dedicated team, and work with some of the best content producers in the business.
- News, feature, and review writing
- Conducting interviews
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
- Representing PCGamesN at events
- YouTube scripting, gameplay capture, and presenting
- CMS work, transcription, and lots of other fun things
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly, and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, PCs, that kind of thing
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
- If you haven’t got a Steam account, you should probably forget it
Desirable skills and experience:
- Published work somewhere or other, ideally online
- Basic image and/or video editing skills
- Previous work on a magazine or website, your own blog, or you’re an insanely busy commenter
- Understanding of SEO best practices
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to editor Ben Maxwell ([email protected]), using the subject line “Staff Writer application”. We’d also like to see previous examples of your written work.