Update Apr 6, 2016: League of Legends Patch 6.7 is now available, and has official patch notes from Riot.
The time has come and LoL patch 6.7 has now rolled out to become the current, live, main-server patch. There are some additional changes that weren't found on the PBE, as well as certain elements now going live, but generally everything is as predicted.
New to the game? You need the best League of Legends champions for beginners.
You can read the full notes on Riot's site. Here's what's different from what we reported before:
- Death timers have been altered to be less punishing for teams that take a few deaths between 30 minutes and 55 minutes. They're unchanged outside of that. The aim is to prevent single mid-game fights deciding the game.
- Vision has been played with to make sure that any time you can see any enemy champion, they can also see you, mitigating factors of abilities or positioning in the brush not-withstanding. Also, several bug fixes.
- Lux has a slight change to her Prismatic shield, changing how fast the projectile moves. It's slower on the way out but much faster on the way in.
- Lissandra's hair moves realistically now. The real big changes.
- The new shop layout and graphics didn't launch with this patch outside of the Taiwanese region, where they are receiving additional testing along with on the PBE.
That's your lot. Go forth and die less to Aurelion Sol. We'll see you for patch 6.8.
PBE notes: League of Legends is gearing up for another of its regular big content patches, and we’ve got all the info on 6.7 right here. It’s got new skins, it’s got balance changes, it’s got a massive splash art overhaul - it’s even got the new rotating game mode queue in it. This along with the usual huge amount of smaller tweaks present on the PBE. We’ve picked out the highlights below.
LoL Patch 6.7 Balance Changes
Let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What’s important to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Aurelion Sol - nerfed
- Starsurge (Q):
- Stun duration lowered to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
- Voice of Light (R):
- Slow lowered to 40/50/60% from 60/70/80%
- Slow duration changed to 2 seconds
Corki - nerfed
- Hextech Munitions (Passive)
- Removed 10% bonus damage
Irelia - buffed
- Bladesurge (Q)
- Mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
- Total AD ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
Jhin - nerfed
- Dancing Grenade (Q)
- Mana cost increased to 40/45/50/55/60 from 30/35/40/45/50
- Damage reduced to 50/75/100/125/150 from 60/85/110/135/160
- Captive Audience (E)
- Mana cost reduced to 30/35/40/45/50 from 40/45/50/55/60
Kindred - nerfed
- Lamb's Respite (R)
- Now cast around Kindred rather than at a target location
Nidalee - changed
- Pounce (Cougar W)
- Damage rescaled to 60/110/160/210 from 65/110/155/200
Poppy - nerfed
- Iron Ambassador (Passive)
- Bonus range lowered to 300 from 400
- Hammer Shock (Q)
- Damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/65/90/115/140
- Maximum health damage increased to 7% from 6%
- Heroic Charge (E)
- Range reduced to 425 from 525
Rammus - nerfed
- Tremors (R)
- Cooldown increased to 100/80/60 from 60 at all ranks
Soraka - nerfed
- Starcall (Q)
- Mana increased to 40/45/50/55/60 from 40 at all ranks
- Astral Infusion (W)
- Mana cost increased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60
Udyr - nerfed
- Base Health Regen lowered to 1.2 from 1.742
- Phoenix Stance (R)
- Damage per second lowered to 10/20/30/40/50 from 15/25/35/45/55
- Third hit damage decreased to 25/60/95/130/165 from 40/75/110/145/180
Zed - nerfed
- Living Shadow (W)
- Cooldown increased to 22/20/18/16/14 from 18/17/16/15/14
- Bonus AD increase lowered to 4/8/12/16/20 from 5/10/15/20/25
Maw of Malmortius - nerfed
- Magic Resist lowered to 40 from 50
- Unique Passive - Livegrip
- Removed 25% attack speed buff while in combat
- Ranged champions now only gain up to 25% life steal against minions.
LoL Patch 6.7 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Mecha Zero Sion
1820 RP Legendary. Details from Riot.
1820 RP Imperial. Details from Riot.
1350 RP Imperial. Details from Riot.
Patch 6.7 Login Screen - Mecha Zero Sion
There’s a new login screen every patch, each with a short animation and a unique song. They’re always very good, and here’s the latest:
Patch 6.7 Splash Art Update
This go round, and carrying into the next patch cycle as well, Riot are planning on updating a huge amount of champion and skin splash art - the large pieces that appear in the background of character overviews, and are used as posters for those champion’s characters and powers. For a long time, there has been two sets of these for a huge selection of skins - one for the west, and one in use in China. Riot are unifying the two.
There’s a big thread on the forums explaining this, but the upshot is that every time they wanted to use splash art somewhere new, they had to do it twice for however many champions there were. If that involved editing the image in some way, either use a portion of it or doing actual jiggery-pokery, then it doubled the workload. Might not seem that big a deal, but imagine it across 100 skins, when you’re working on a tight deadline - not acceptable.
So, Riot are merging the two sets. Some Chinese art is coming to the west, some western art is heading to China. A lot of it is still quite poor in comparison to modern works, or at the very least out of style with the current ‘look’ of League of Legends - but it’s something Riot needs done to remove this blockage in their content creation pipeline. You can see all the changes in this handy Imgur album, new versions first, old versions second. There’ll be more of this come patch 6.8.
Patch 6.7 Parties
Riot are also introducing parties in this patch. These allow groups of players to enter queues together, and then remain in that group without having to reinvite each other afterwards. They have their own chat channel and aren’t restricted in which modes they can queue for, assuming they have a legal player count. More info over on the official forums.
Patch 6.7 Shop Update
The in-game store is getting a facelift this patch as well. It’s part of the general upgrade for the client that’s been slowly underway this year, starting with the new ban and pick process. It’s a more modernised look, with better access to more information and nicer, higher-def borders and art on everything. Here’s a pic:
Some more info over on the forums.
Patch 6.7 Launch Date And Downtime
Riot had announced via the Service Status page that downtime will begin for the application of Patch 6.7 tomorrow, April 6, early in the morning for each region. Here's when each will be going down:
That's League of Legends patch 6.7. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 6.8 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!